Chapter Forty

Abigail's POVIt was a tense drive to Damien's parent's place

Abigail's POV
It was a tense drive to Damien's parent's place. Why? Cause Damien didn't want me to be there. I understand why, but I can't let him do this alone.

Plus I've never met the devil before.

He pulls into the driveway and his grip tightens on the steering wheel. "You will stay behind me," he says. "Don't look at him and don't speak to him."I nod and Damien sighs before leaning over and kissing my cheek, my lips and my forehead. "I don't want you to get hurt."

"I'm a big girl," I tease.

Damien smiles a little. We get out of the car and he takes my hand in his and squeezes it. He leads me to the front door. We enter without knocking and find a little girl sitting on the steps.

"Hey Quinny," Damien says.

"Damien!" She runs into him and he grunts. "I missed you."

"I missed you too," he says. "Did you see Aaron last week?"

Quinn nods. "I met his-" she glances around the hallway. "Boyfriend," she finishes, whispering it.

"Did you like him?" Damien asks.

"He was nice," Quinn says. "Daddy didn't like him though."

Damien grunts. "Well, Quinny this is Abigail, my girlfriend."

"I have a girl in my class with that name," Quinn states. "She picks her nose."

I laugh. "I promise I don't do that."

Quinn pulls Damien down so she can whisper in his ear. "She's very pretty," I hear her whisper.

"I know," Damien says, smirking at me.

I hear heels clicking and suddenly the door opens to my left.

Holy shit.

Damien's mum is beautiful. Gorgeous flowing brown hair, glowing skin and green eyes that just stand out.

"Mum this is Abigail," Damien says, wrapping his arm around my waist. "Abby this is my mum, Brianna."

"It's so nice to meet you, Mrs Ferguson," I say.

"Lovely manners," she says. "You look familiar."

"She's in the school's newspaper," Damien states. "She's the school president."

Mum gasps. "Oh yes! You did a raffle so the school band could go camping."

"Yes, that's me," I murmur.

"My baby got a smart girl," she gushes. "What's your future dream?" She grabs my wrist and pulls me into the kitchen. "Would you like a drink?"

"A waters fine," I answer. She grabs a glass and grabs a jug from the fridge.

"So you didn't answer my question," she states.

"Well, I'm thinking journalism," I answer.

"That seems a bit presumptuous doesn't it?" I hear a deep voice that makes me stiffen.