Chapter Six

Tess's POVI fall beside Waverley and take the joint from her hand

Tess's POV
I fall beside Waverley and take the joint from her hand. "What's up?" I ask her. "You sounded upset on the phone."

She huffs. "Jamie and I broke up."

"Shit sorry," I say. "Wanna stay over?"

"He broke up with me because his parents didn't like me," she scoffs. "I mean I'm likeable right?"

"Well, I like you," I say. "But I'm not very likeable either."

"I wore a skirt for them," she says. "And all for nothing."

"What assholes," I say. I grunt and drop my joint when something hits me in the back of the head. "What the fuck?" I hiss.

Waverley grabs the joint and I stand up, turning around and grabbing a football. "Whose is this?" I growl.

"Uh mine," Logan says. "Sorry." He runs up to me and takes it from my hands.

"Sorry my ass," I snap. "If you were sorry, it wouldn't have hit me in the first place."

"I was distracted and my friend threw it," he explains. "I can reimburse you for the joint."

I huff. "Well, your lucky Waverley saved it."

"Again I'm sorry," he says. "Wait, your Phoebe's friend right?"

"One of the many," I answer.

He chuckles. "I mean like her best friend."

"I don't know if that's true," I say. "She hangs around with you a lot too."

"Well I'll be her guy best friend and you'll be her girl," he says.

"Sounds fair," I murmur.

"Well maybe Phoebe's two best friends should get to know each other," he says. "Friday night over dinner?"

Oh. Have I been flirting?

I stammer. "Um, well- that sounds great and everything but I have plans."

"Another date?" He questions.

"Us girls have a sleepover every Friday night," I explain. "Not allowed to miss them."

"Phoebe did tell me about those," he says. "How about Saturday?"

"I can do Saturday," I murmur. "So long as my weekend privileges don't get taken from me."

I've had mine numerous times for skipping class. I can't keep focus sometimes.

"It's a date," he says. "I'll get your number from Phoebe."

He runs off before I could argue. I didn't want Phoebe to know about this.

"Holy shit," Waverley says, taking me out of my thoughts. "I bitch to you about my relationship problems and then you get a date? What are the odds."