Chapter Twenty Seven

Tess's POV"Can you believe in two weeks it's thanksgiving break?" Phoebe asks as we set up all the sleeping bags for our Friday night sleepover

Tess's POV
"Can you believe in two weeks it's thanksgiving break?" Phoebe asks as we set up all the sleeping bags for our Friday night sleepover.

"I'm spending it with Logan," I say.

"Ooh you're meeting his parents and Lilian," Phoebe says. "That's serious."

"Lilian?" I frown. "Who's Lilian?"

"His sister," Phoebe answers. "Logan's never mentioned her?"

"No obviously not," I snap. "She doesn't school here?"

"Homeschooled," Phoebe states. "She has Down syndrome."

"How old is she?" I ask.

"She's fifteen I think," Phoebe says. "I've only met her once. She's not comfortable around new people."

The door to Yasmin and I's dorm opens, and Carmen, Abby and Gracelyn stroll in. "Why does Tess look angry?" Carmen asks.

"She just found out Logan had a sister," Phoebe states.

"Oh Lilian," Carmen says.

"You know!?"

Carmen nods. "He told me about her in one of the tutoring sessions."

"Have you ever asked about his family?" Abby asks, making herself comfortable on my bed.

"Well, I'm spending thanksgiving break with them," I state.

Carmen frowns. "You're not coming home?"

I scoff. "Of course, I'm not."

"So both you and Yasmin are leaving me?" Carmen asks.

"Well you don't have to go either," I say. "What's Austin up to?"

"He and Harley are going to Virginia to see their mother," Carmen answers. "So no I can't spend it with them, since Harley doesn't know about us."

"Nathan's coming home with me," Phoebe says. "Then we will go to New York and see his mum."

"Dad and I are doing our annual camping trip," Abigail says.

"I'm meeting Jason's grandpa," Gracelyn says.

"Oh he's awesome," Phoebe says. "We went to his house and we got to use a BB gun."

Abby checks her watch, frowning. "Where's Yasmin?"

Phoebe is up in a second. "I'll go look for her."

She storms out of the dorm, slamming the door. I bring out the snack box from underneath my bed and chuck some random bags of candies in the middle of the girls.

We were all just setting up to watch a movie when Phoebe walks back in.

She looked scared.

"You okay?" Gracelyn asks.