Chapter Forty Five

Tess's POVWhen my dad died it was hard to gather the fact that he was no longer here

Tess's POV
When my dad died it was hard to gather the fact that he was no longer here. That he wasn't going to take me to school tomorrow or be sitting at the dinner table when I got home.

It hit hard for all of us when we heard that Nathan passed away. I mean three days ago he was standing beside us and now we just finished up at his funeral.

Now we were all at Kirsty's house at the wake. Phoebe was walking around talking to Nathan's family with Connor, so all of us girls cling to a corner and eat the food and sneak some drinks.

Except for Yasmin who is pregnant. She couldn't hide it from me because we live together. She thinks I don't know, but I'm not as dumb as everyone thinks.

Yasmin excuses herself to the bathroom and I see Abby and Gracelyn watching her too. Huh, they know too.

So only Carmen and Phoebe don't know.

"Man this food is amazing," Logan gushes. "I could get fat off this stuff."

"Kirsty owns a bakery," Carmen comments. "In New York though."

"My parents have a jet," Logan says.

Phoebe walks back over and Michael wraps her in a bear hug. "How are you?" He asks.

"I'm here," she murmurs. "That's what matters."

"You need anything you tell me," Michael says.

"Shouldn't you be with Yas?" Phoebe questions.

"She doesn't want me to see her vomit," Michael states.

"Fair," Phoebe mutters.

"Did you want a drink?" Logan asks.

Phoebe shakes her head. "I can't with my medication."

Michael frowns. "Medication?"

"I have the schizophrenic gene," Phoebe states. "I went to a doctor for medication to prevent it."

"Cause you don't want to turn out like your mum," I murmur.

"Do you think I should get tested?" Michael asks, biting his bottom lip worriedly.

"You can," Phoebe says. "It wouldn't hurt so you can see if the baby will too."

"I'll make an appointment," Michael says. Yasmin walks back over to us and wraps her arms around Michael.

"Can we go?" She whispers.

Michael nods and looks over at Phoebe. "I'll be okay," Phoebe says. "I have Tess and Logan."

Michael kisses phoebe's forehead and then leads Yasmin out the door. Phoebe groans as another family member of Nathan's calls her name.

"Tess please drink for me," she says, before walking off.