Chapter Forty-Eight

Tess's POVI follow Yasmin down the bleachers and we jump the fence

Tess's POV
I follow Yasmin down the bleachers and we jump the fence. We rush into the locker room where we find Michael stripping off his gear. "Michael," Yasmin croaks.

"I know, I shouldn't have let him get to me," Michael grumbles. "He spoke ill of our unborn child though, Yasmin."

"I figured," Yasmin says. She walks over to Michael and wraps her arms around him.

Then Michael starts crying. "It's not fair," he whispers. "Why did this happen to us, Yasmin?"

"I don't know," Yasmin whispers back. "I don't know."

I leave them alone and wipe my tears away.

The rest of the team was huddled by their bench, obviously leaving Michael by himself. "Logan it's time for you to step up," Coach says. "Michael cannot play the rest of the game, so you will be the quarterback."

Logan nods, but he looks a little nervous. 'You'll do great,' I mouth to him.

"Tess, what the hell are you doing here?" Coach demands.

"I'm a cheerleader?"

Coach rolls his eyes. "Just come sit next to me and be quiet." The team run out onto the field and coach takes a seat on the bench. "Is Michael alright?" He asks.

"Yasmin is in there with him," I whisper. "Tyler said some not-so-nice things."

"I heard him," Coach grumbles. "Didn't know Yasmin was pregnant."

"She was still very early," I murmur. "Nobody was supposed to know. I don't even know how Tyler found out."

"That kid could've just ruined his career," Coach says. "And I can't say I blame him."

I nod. "You love your team don't you?"

Coach grunts. "They are alright."

"So is it true your fucking Damien's mum?" I ask.

Coach glares at me. "I am dating Brianna."

"Same thing," I say, shrugging. "That's cool and all. I'm happy for Bree. She broke it off with Damien's toxic dad and now she's getting some good dick."

"I would rather not talk about this here, Tess," Coach growls.

I smile sheepishly. "Sorry."

I see the locker room door open and Michael sits down in front of it, so he can watch his team. He was wiping his eyes furiously and Yasmin was right beside him.

"Okay let's go," Coach yells. "You have another 30 minutes to fight!"

"Yes let's go," I yell.

The third quarter was not so good. We were up, but now we were down by 7. Everyone looked like they were in a slump.

"Are we seriously giving up?" I hear coach ask. "This is what all of you have dreamed of."

Michael stands up and heads over to them. "Disgraceful guys. I'm still here alright? You don't need me in that field. Logan, you know the plays man. I've seen you studying them."

"I'm just nervous," Logan whispers.

"You don't need to be," Michael says. "You can be a great man."

"Defence watch that stupid quarterback," Coach says. "They rely on him every time to get the touchdown and we are letting him."

"Guys this is our last time playing together," Phoebe says. "Let's go out there and give them hell to pay!"

Yeah, Phoebe!

*

Yasmin's POVMichael has my hand in a tight grip as his team walks out onto the field for the last quarter

Yasmin's POV
Michael has my hand in a tight grip as his team walks out onto the field for the last quarter. "We've gotta win this," Michael murmurs.

"They have got this," I whisper, though I'm not positive about my words.

The quarter starts and it's a whole different team out there. Logan's passes were going where they were supposed to, and the defence was decent and stopping the other team's quarterback.

Soon enough the score was even. There were two minutes on the clock. Both teams were on 37. We were on our next innings and there were five minutes left on the clock.

We break and Logan throws the ball. Suddenly one of their defenders comes at him and they fall to the ground. We then hear his scream in pain.

Everybody stops and Phoebe rushes over to her best friend and Tess runs out to her boyfriend. He was clutching his knee.

"Shit," Michael hisses.

He runs onto the field with coach with the stretcher and they roll Logan onto it. Michael and Logan assist him off the field and the whole crowd claps for him.

"What do we do now Coach?" Phoebe asks.

"You move to quarterback," Coach says. He points at a freshman on the bench. "It's your time to shine, Matthews."

He nods quickly and chucks on his helmet. He follows Phoebe out onto the field.

"Can Phoebe play quarterback?" I ask. He was holding Logan's hand while Tess called an ambulance.

"She's gonna have to learn," Michael mutters.

They lost the championships. Ending up being a bit of a beating in the end.

When they walk out of the changing rooms after changing they weren't upset though. "We tried our hardest," Phoebe says. "We are just happy we were able to make it this far and that we were able to play with our friends."

"Well that's sweet," Brianna murmurs.

Damien walks over to his mum and hugs her. "I love you Mum," Damien murmurs.

"I love you too honey," she whispers. "What's brought this on?"

Damien huffs. "I know about you and Coach."

Brianna's eyes widen. "Oh."

"I don't care, Mum," he says. "As long as he treats you right."

"He does," Brianna whispers.

Damien smiles. "Then go comfort your man."

Brianna leans up and kisses her son's cheek before walking over to Coach. We all smile as she leans up and kisses him in front of everyone. "Get some Coach," Jason yells.

"Shut the fuck up Pinkie," Damien growls.

Phoebe huffs but I see tears in her eyes. "You okay?" I ask her.

"I wish Nathan was here to see this," she whispers.

"I wish he could've too," I murmur.

He would've been so proud of her.