Chapter Thirty Three

Tess's POVI ring Logan and let him know we are at the hospital

Tess's POV
I ring Logan and let him know we are at the hospital. He is Phoebe's other best friend so he should be here with her too.

When he walks in she falls into his arms sobbing. He wraps his arms around her and kisses her forehead. "We don't know anything yet," he whispers.

He looks at me and I smile at him sadly.

By 3 am Phoebe was asleep with her head in my lap and her legs over Logan's.

"It's bad isn't it?" He whispers.

I nod. "I think so. We've been here four hours with no news."

"She won't be able to handle this," Logan murmurs. "She will need us more than ever."

"We will make a great team," I whisper. He leans over, placing his lips on mine. I couldn't move much since it would wake Phoebe.

We pull away when we hear a door open. It was Nathan's brother Connor.

I wake up Phoebe whose eyes open and then she jumps up at spotting Connor. "Is he okay?" She asks. "Please tell me he's okay."

Connor releases a shaky breath. "They found another tumour in his brain."

I felt my heart break for Phoebe as she falls apart.

"He's had it for a while," Connor croaks. "It's been slowly growing."

"Is your mum on her way?" Phoebe asks.

"She's in with him actually," Connor says. "Nathan told me to come to grab you."

Phoebe nods and goes to step but stops. She turns to the both of us. "Can you come with me?"

Logan and I both nod and Logan slide his hand into mine. We follow Connor and Phoebe down the ward to Nathan's room.

Nathan was on the bed, with one of those oxygen things over his mouth. His mum was holding his hand, her eyes swollen and her face red.

"Nathan," Phoebe croaks. She rushes over to him and sobs into his chest.

"We should leave them alone," I suggest to everybody else. They all nod and we all walk out the door.

"I'm Kirsty by the way," Nathan's mother says. "I'm sorry we had to meet like this."

Logan and I nod in agreement. "I'm Tess," I say. "And this is my boyfriend Logan. We are Phoebe's bests friends."

"Logan and Tess," she says. "I think she mentioned you two. You got all the teachers high last year and Logan got on acid and made out with a transsexual."

My eyes widen and I burst out laughing. "Seriously?"

Logan blushes. "Only Phoebe knew that."

"Sorry we had champagne," Kirsty says. "She even told me that she didn't get her period till she was fifteen."

"I was there," Logan shudders. "Probably the only bad thing about having a girl as your best friend."

I glare at him. "A period is not disgusting. Yes, blood is everywhere but we are just releasing our bad eggs so fresh eggs can be created and we can reproduce children."

"Right sorry," he says sheepishly. "If it helps I now keep tampons in my locker for her."

I lean over and peck his lips. "That's very nice of you."

*

Yasmin's POVMichael sat at the edge of his bed clutching his phone and waiting on news from Phoebe

Yasmin's POV
Michael sat at the edge of his bed clutching his phone and waiting on news from Phoebe.

Abby let us know she dropped Phoebe and Tess at the hospital. It doesn't sound good with Nathan.

"She's got Logan and Tess," I say, kissing his shoulder. "There's nothing else you can do."

"I should've stopped her from pursuing him," he growls. "She wouldn't be in this position."

"You know Phoebe," I whisper. "If you told her not to do something it makes her want it more."

Michael groans. "He's gonna die isn't he?"

"It doesn't look good," I whisper.

"And of course, he had to be the only guy I liked for Phoebe," Michael mutters. "Now everyone she gets with I'm going to compare with him."

I bite back a smile. "You aren't worried for Phoebe are you?"

Michael avoids my gaze. "We've grown close as friends," he admits. "But I'm still mostly worried for Phoebe."

I stand up and settle myself into his lap. His arms wrap around me and grip my ass. He may be upset but nothing will stop him from touching my ass.

I mean not to brag but Kim Kardashian has competition.

"It's okay to be worried for him," I murmur. "To say you scared your friends gonna die."

"He will survive," Michael argues. "He did the first time."

"Michael," I whisper. "I know what you and Phoebe are feeling now. My sisters and I have been through this with our dad."

Michael stiffens. "Shit I forgot you lost your dad to cancer."

"It's hard," I say. "But it's going to be harder for her Michael. She needs you to be strong. She needs her big brother."

Michael nods and rests his head on my chest. I stroke my fingers through his hair and we sit there for a good thirty minutes.

"Yasmin?" Michael whispers.

"I'm here," I say.

"I love you," he whispers. "I've never felt this way about someone before, but I knew as soon as I saw you how much you would mean to me."

I take his face into my hands and smile. "I love you too."

"I want to meet your mum," he says. I stiffen. "I know you are not exactly keen on the idea, but I would love the honour of you introducing me as your boyfriend."

I groan and kiss his lips. "Goddamnit Michael, why do you have to be so perfect?"

"I am only perfect for you," he says. I laugh in surprise as he switches our position and kneels on the floor with my legs over his shoulders. I gasp as he kisses me through my bed shorts. He pulls them off and down my leg and hums in approval when he sees I have no panties on. "Fuck your sexy," he growls and then dives in.

Michael by no means was not a selfish lover. Any orgasm he got, I got too.

And I fucking love it.