Thirty three

Jennie's pov~

I can't wait for Lili to finish her shopping with Rosie. I want them to quickly get here and taste the muffins. Jichu helped but I mostly did all the work since I wanted to try and be 'independent'. Saw that word in a book called Dictionary.

I hummed and stared impatiently at the batter in the oven.

"Hey kid"

"Yes jichu?" I answered, my eyes still watching the batter.

She snorted "You do know there's a timer right? It'll make a sound to let us know when it's done." she explained which made me feel slightly embarrassed.

"Oh.." I uttered and turn around sheepishly.

Jichu giggled "let's watch a movie while waiting for the muffins"

I agreed and followed her to the living room. I jogged to the longer side of the sofa and dived into the mountain of pillows and a pink fluffy blanket Jichu let me borrow. I'm gonna ask Lili to buy me one but it HAS to be purple.

She sat next to me and propped her legs up on the coffee table "what movie should we watch?"

I thought for a bit "how about netflex?" I suggested. Me and Lili always watch movies and TV shows there.

"Netflex?!" she cackles "you mean netFLIX"

I shrugged "I guess so" I pulled the covers up my face to hide the blush. Not my fault I still can't pronounce some words correctly. Blame Lili! She said I sound cute with all those 'errors'.

While jichu was busy scrolling through different films. It reminded me of a movie I wanted to watch but Lili told me 'no' and she wouldn't tell me the reason.

Well, she isn't here right now and maybe I could ask jichu to turn on that movie and not tell Lili...

Yeah! That's a great idea. Jichu is here with me anyways.

Feeling excited, I scooted closer to jichu and tugged on her sleeve.

She pulls her eyes away from the TV "hmm?"

I grinned "can we watch Annabelle?"

Jichu's smile dropped as her face slowly lose it's color. She coughed slightly "w-what? Uhm, I don't think that's a good idea"

"why not?? I've been wanting to watch that movie for so long! B-but Lili won't let me" I whined.

"Of course, she won't let you! That movie is scary as fu- heck, Jennie. It'll give you nightmares and even if we do watch it, Lisa's gonna find out and hunt my ass" she explained nervously with a shudder.

I rolled my eyes. This chickin is a scardy cat. Even I'm a half cat and I'm not that scared of Lili. She won't do anything to me because she loves me!
I could easily get my way and get out of trouble but she knows me a bit too well now. She doesn't even get affected by my pleading kitty eyes as much anymore.

Must find a new way...

Anyways, back to the movie.

"Jeez Jichu, you don't have to worry so much! She won't find out if we both shut our mouths"

She sighs "To be honest, I don't really care if she finds out. I'm just afraid that you'll end up having nightmares when you go to sleep. We all know how easily you get scared."

I kept assuring her that I won't be having any nightmares whatsoever because I believe the movie isn't as scary as how jichu said it would be. After a few more 'please' with a bunch of prettys and my pleading eyes, she gave in.