Forty Three

Lisa's pov~

"this should be here, nini. Make sure it doesn't fall. We don't want to embarrass jisoo, do we?" I tied the wires together and pulled them tightly on both ends. I took a step back and analysed the fairy lights with my hands on my hips. That should do it.

Jennie took a step back too and jumped happily on her spot "Wow Lili! This looks amazing!"

"As it should be" I smiled proudly and walk off to check the others.

You might be wandering what's going on. Let's just say, jisoo finally had the balls to propose to my bestfriend. Well...if she doesn't runs off during her grand gesture.

After all, her nickname 'chicken' has two meanings.

I went to check on the people who were in charge of decorating the table and garden "how's it going, guys?" I stood infront of them.

"We're thinking of leaving some rose pedals either on the table or the ground. Makes the place look even more romantic" yeji explained as a finger tapped against her chin in thought.

"Or maybe we could do both!" ryujin suggested.

I needed help decorating so I asked a few of my dance students to lend a hand and they were happy to do it, for free too!

Me and Jisoo split the money and rented the local park for tonight since we all know rosé loves nature. We specifically chose the spot with lots of flowers and trees so we could hang up the different varieties of fairy lights.

I shrugged "Just try it out. If you think it doesn't fit being on the table then just push it all on the ground, easy." I pat their shoulders and went on to inspect the others.

My other 2 students needed help with finding the right color for the table cloth. Which I pointed at the bright blue one since rosé likes that color. But honestly at this point, I'm not sure what colour she likes. It keeps changing.

I stop what I was doing when I felt my phone vibrating in my back pocket. I rolled my eyes when I saw who it was.

"for the last time Jisoo, everything is going as plan. It'll be ready by tonight for godsakes! Stop worrying so much" I answered the phone immediately, not giving her a chance to speak.

"I knew I could count on you lisayah! Chaeng has such a good friend" she sighed in relief.

Is she drunk? I feel like she's drunk cuz she's talking like a drunkard.

"Kim Jisoo are you drunk right now?!" I whispered yelled and checked my surroundings, making sure no one's listening.

"what?! No! I'm just nervous as hell okay! I'm going to propose to the love of my life and start a whole new chapter with her filled with new responsibilities and-"

Walking further away from everyone else, I took a deep breath and...

"KIM JISOO YOU BETTER SHUT THE FUCK UP BEFORE I GO THERE AND MAKE YOU!"

"I CAN'T I'M SORRY!"

I pinched the bridge of my nose and replied "look, everything is going to be fine. I know rosé, she's going to say yes. Even if you shit your pants right when you're on one knee, she'll still say yes" I tried to brighten up the mood in which I did since I hear slight laughter from the line.

I smiled a little "don't worry so much, alright?"

"mhm, thanks lisa"

"it's no biggie, I get it"

We talked for a little while longer until we both needed to go. I hang up and turn around-

"Jesus!"

Only to come face to face with a curious Jennie, staring at me with big eyes.

"whatchu doing Lili? I was looking for you!" she smiled widely and make grabby hands at me.

My heart thumped against my chest as I focus on her face. Her voice itself gives me butterflies everytime.

I really can't wait to spend the rest of my life with her. When it's the right time, I'll be the one asking the big question.

-------

Jisoo's pov~

I don't think I can do this.

FUCKING HELL SOMEONE SAVE ME PLEASEEE!!

I'm having a full blown panic attack right now and I can't do anything about it. Seriously, all I'm doing is wiping my hands on my dress repeatedly until there's actual sweat stains.

I've been standing here for the past 20 minutes now, waiting for the love of my life to finish with her make up. I specifically told her, she didn't need to wear any of it and could just go bareface cuz it's only going to be the two of us in a deserted park. And she absolutely doesn't need make up since she's beautiful to me.

Also she's mine so...

"it's okay kim jisoo, you got this! Just remember the words you practice and propose. Yeah, that's right" I whispered encouraging words to myself and sigh deeply.

"Baby I'm done!!"

PANIC MODE ON! I REPEAT, PANIC MODE ON-

"how do I look? Is it too much or too little?" she came out from our bedroom and gave me a little twirl.

My jaw dropped at the sight of my chipmunk's outfit. She's gorgeous and that hair? Magnificent!

My mouth just open and close like a fish, I have no idea what to say "I...wow chaeng" I uttered.

She let out her pretty giggles and walked over to me, smirking as her eyes rank up and down my body.

"you don't look so bad yourself" her arms encircled my nape, pulling me closer to her.

I just know my face is a whole blushing mess right now. Heck, I think my ears are red too.

I cleared my throat and stuttered
out a "t-thank you chaeng.."