Thirty Five

Third person pov~

The sleeping brunette felt like she was laying on clouds. So soft and comfy. The pillow underneath her head smells like vanilla. The same exact scent as her favorite person.

A soft smile tugged the corners of her lips, searching the space beside her for a certain someone. But she stops, her brows furrowed when she felt nothing but the soft surface of the bed.

She awoke from her slumber and crack an eye open. Expecting to see daylight seeping through the windows but instead, she came face to face with darkness. The mood shining outside the window, indicating that it's night-time.

Immediately woken up from her drowsy state, she scans throughout the room with panic eyes.

She can't be alone right now. Especially not after memories from a scary movie came flooding back. Her eyes start to play tricks on her, faint chills ran down her spine as goosebumps start to break out from her skin.

A sudden feeling that someone is watching her from the closet, the feeling that someone might be under the bed, the feeling that someone, who isn't her Lili, is sitting beside her in this dark room.

Jennie begins to whimper as tears flood her vision. She wanted to call out for Lisa but was too afraid to make a noise. Bunching up the blanket, she pulls it up to her chin and wrap it around herself as tight as she could.

As she was in the middle of snuggling, a creaking noise sounded throughout the room causing the scared kitten to tense. Her whole body lay still on the bed. She felt like if she even dare make a slight move, something would pop out and get her.

The creeks were soon followed by soft footsteps from outside the room. It grew louder and louder. Jennie gasp inaudibly and shuffle back into the blanket.

She quickly covered her mouth with both her hands to silence the little whimpers trying to escape. Her rapid heartbeat has gotten so loud, she bet whoever was on the other side of the door could hear it.

The bedroom door opens. Jennie tried to stay as still as possible. Not wanting whoever that was, to know she was under the sheets.

The little kitten felt a presence stop beside her and a hand placed on top of her covered shoulder.

Jennie felt like screaming.

But a certain calm voice made all of her fears disappear.

"Jennie? Baby, are you awake?"

She sigh in huge relief and hastily tossed the blanket off her body and jump onto the latter. Her arms and legs clinging for dear life around her favorite person.

The blonde almost fell back but quickly caught herself. She should've gotten used to random jumps from her kitten but sometimes it's just out of the blue.

"Woah there baby! What's gotten into you? Hmm?" Lisa was utterly confused but nonetheless, wrap her arms protectively around her kitten.

"Was scared. Really scared. Wanted to call for Lili b-but scared" Jennie buried her face in Lisa's shoulder, sniffing her scent to calm her rapid heartbeat.

The blonde raised a brow "scared? Of what-" lisa soon realized what she meant by that and rolled her eyes. All she wanted to say was 'I told you so' but that would only make jennie feel bad and guilty for not listening to her.

Instead, she decided it was best to comfort the girl and warn her not to watch scary movies again. She ran her hands soothingly around jennie's back. Breathing in her strawberry scent.

"Want to go outside and watch cartoons with me? I have your favorite popcorn"

Jennie pulled away at that and look up expectedly "the caramel ones?"

The latter nodded, tucking a hair back behind the kitten's ear "the caramel ones."

--------

The whole night, the two never left each other's sides. Whenever lisa has to go to the toilet, Jennie would stand outside the door and sometimes wait for her turn when she needs to go as well. But she always makes sure the blonde would wait on the other side like she did.

They would cuddle closely on the couch while jennie would ask questions about the shows they watch and lisa, being the big softie she is (only for jennie) answers every question without hesitation.

Throughout the cartoon marathon and 2 bowls of popcorn, jennie couldn't seem to focus on the TV. Her thoughts were circling her head as she felt guilt take over her. She didn't mean for Lisa to get mad and stressed because of her.

Jennie swallowed nervously "I'm sorry, Lili"

The blonde avert her attention toward the sulking kitten. Confused as to why she was apologizing all of a sudden.

"Sorry for what? You didn't do anything wrong....did you?" Lisa squint her eyes suspiciously.

The brunette immediately shook her head. She didn't do anything exactly wrong. But she felt like she did after watching the scary movie.

"I-I just wanted to apologize f-for uhm watching the scary movie and uhh making you angry" she pout.

Lisa sighed in relief after listening to her explanation. Jennie got her worried for a second.

"It's okay, baby. I'm not angry. But promise me, you won't watch scary movies anymore. I can't stand you being all scared. It breaks my heart seeing you cry and get woken up by nightmares" Lisa pointed out, caressing her brunette locks.

Jennie smiled happily. Glad that lisa isn't mad at her and threw the punishments out the window. She snuggled against her chest and sigh in contentment.

Short chapter for now <3
School has started and I already feel like dying ngl. Also, I would've cried my eyes out if lisa ever does this to me 😭

 Also, I would've cried my eyes out if lisa ever does this to me 😭