Meeting

Miruko, one of the top pro heros in Japan, otherwise known as Rumi Usagiyama, was patrolling one afternoon. Nothing big was happening, the occasional drunken argument to break up was the extent of the day's action. Civilians would occasionally walk up to her for an autograph or to point towards yet another set of dunk men to be separated.

She was walking down the street, bored out of her mind, she loved fighting, it was a big reason she became a hero, yes saving lives was the main reason, but kicking ass was easily number 2. Her quirk, Rabbit, made literally kicking ass way more fun as well since it strengthened her legs to insane levels, it also had the bonus of giving her rabbit ears and a tail. Said ears came in handy when she heard something fall in a nearby alley. She quickly looked over to see someone.

She saw a teenager, he was roughly 160 cm (5'5"), had shoulder length hair with red tips, and light pink eyes that had slit pupils. He was wearing loose fitting clothing which was clearly to big for him, his pants were tied with ropes at the waist and ankles, the sweat shirt he was wearing was green, and clearly had a broken zipper, since it revealed he didn't have a shirt on underneath, and the only things he had on his feet appeared to be worn-out sandals.

Their eyes met, and he took off, seemingly scared of the rabbit hero, and she quickly gave chase. She hopped around the alley ways, surprised at his speed, but it was still no match for hers. She caught up to him within a minute, jumped on him, and pinned him to the ground.

Rumi: "All right kid! What's got you scared of me!? I don't bite! Or are you running cause I might arrest you!?"

The boy started struggling against her hold, but it was pointless to even try.

???: "Rah! Grrr. Mmm!"

He eventually started pounding on her arms to make her let him go.

Rumi: "So you don't wanna talk? Fine then guess I'll just have to bring you in. Oh and stop pounding, it won't help you any."

The boy quickly grew a frightened look on his face, and started shaking his head. He also extended his hand, which had razor sharp nails on the fingers, and started writing on the building next to them. She read it out loud once he was finished.

Rumi: "'Quirk no let talk.' Okay then, but you can write then, so give me one good reason not to take you in."

He quickly scribbled more shortened sentences into the bricks and she read them again.

Rumi: "'Innocent, but quirk make me arrested. Swear haven't done anything. I sorry, wasted time.' Alright! Now I'm curious, what's your quirk kid?"

He shook his head.

???: "mmm."

Rumi: "Ugh, how about this. Tell me your quirk and I won't take you to the police."

The boy contemplated her offer, and quickly wrote a short description.

Rumi: "'Demon, but different. I no eat people for power, can't give blood, can't talk. Police arrest all demon.' Wow, okay. Don't you have a home? Parents?"

He simply wrote four words.

???: -Mom dead- -Dad hate-

She couldn't even read those words out loud, she simply picked the boy up off the ground.

Rumi: "Alright. Well I guess because of your circumstances, I'll have to take you under my care, as much as I don't want to, I have no choice. Follow me until my patrol's over, then we'll head back to my place. Actually scratch that, we're getting you some clothes before we head home."

The boy just nodded and began to follow her out of the alley.

The rest of her patrol went smoothly, only a couple more drunkards, one even tried to run but the kid got to him, Rumi figured it was a way of paying her back. Eventually her patrol ended, she took him to a store and bought him some clothes. They got some weird looks but she brushed them off as they left. She looked over at the boy to find him smiling the most innocent and happy smile she'd ever seen.

They made it to her apartment in under an hour, she led him over to a door and opened it, to show the room inside.

Rumi: "This is the guest room, though it's yours now. Now go get situated, I make us something to eat. You should shower too. Oh yeah before I forget, what's your name?"

The boy quickly looked around, she did too before she realized he didn't want to damage the apartment. She quickly got him a piece of paper and a pen and he scribbled his name down.

???: "Ah."

He handed the paper to her.

Rumi: "'Izuku Midoriya' huh? Nice name. Now go. Dinner will be ready in a bit."

He nodded and went into his room, taking his clothes with him. He exited after half an hour, freshly out of the shower and with new clothes on. He walked over to the kitchen to find Rumi batting a large fire with a towel. Izuku grabbed a pot lid and some baking soda, and put both on the fire.

Izuku: "Rah. Mmm?"

Rumi looked at him curiously, wondering what the questioning hum was for, when she got an idea of what it was.

Rumi: "I'm alright if that's what you're asking. The fire didn't touch me. The number 5 hero's a lot tougher than that. I'm just gonna order a pizza if that's okay with you."

Izuku let out a small giggle as he walked over to the phone and handed it to her. She thanked him and ordered. They ate and went to sleep that night, and Izuku started to change, he doesn't feed on flesh for power, but something else.