Entrance Exams and Dinner with Old Friends

Rumi trained Izuku for a whole month for the UA entrance exam, and she didn't hold back. Because of his regenerative ability she was able to go as hard as she wanted, she never hurt him too bad but a few bones were broken on a daily basis. He was just glad she wasn't kicking limbs off, and ecause of her training, Izuku had quickly picked up a kick focused fighting style.

Now he was standing in front of the gates, admiring the buildings around him. He walked towards the hero course testing building and sat down once he got inside, suddenly a blond guy sat next to him. Izuku didn't pay him any mind until he spoke up.

???: "Deku? Is that you?"

At the mention of his old nickname Izuku looked over, and now recognized the boy as his old friend, Katsuki Bakugo.

Izuku: "Ah! Mmm."

He wrote on a blank paper he had with him.

Izuku: -Kacchan! Been a while. Can't talk cause quirk.-

Bakugo: "Yeah, it has been hasn't it. Like 3 years right? What happened?"

Izuku looked down, saddened by the memory, but wrote on the paper again.

Izuku: -Dad threw out after mom died. But don't worry. Have great friend who takes care.-

Bakugo put his hand on Izuku's shoulder and nodded, Present Mic then started talking. Part way through Izuku asked Bakugo to clarify something and started writing on that paper again. Then someone with blue hair and wearing glasses spoke up and asked about the fourth robot, before suddenly turning his attention to Izuku and Bakugo.

???: "And you two! You've been talking and passing notes this whole time! If you two can't focus and take this seriously, then get out!"

Bakugo stood up to defend them.

Bakugo: *Yelling* "Well excuse me you damn extra! My friend here was confused and asked me something! And the notes? He needs to write! He can't speak because of his quirk so maybe next time you decide to comment on something, you should think about why it's happening!"

He sat down and the boy apologized to them. Present Mic continued the description of the exam. When he finished everyone got up and walked towards the grounds they were given.

Bakugo: "You and this friend of yours should come over for dinner tonight. We haven't moved so you know where we live. See you there Deku."

He then branched off from Izuku and went to his assigned exam area.

Izuku was the last one to make it to his area, and got there as the gates were opening. He quickly ran inside, managing to get to the front of the crowd before most were inside, he started taking out robots. After a while he deduced that he was at around 80 points, when he suddenly felt a big rumble, then heard destruction. When he looked towards the sounds, he saw the gigantic Zero Pointer.

He was about to run when he heard a girl cry out, he turned and saw a brown haired girl trapped under a bunch of rubble. He ran towards he, and started moving the rubble off of her. He picked her up and started running as the Zero Pointer grew closer. Soon Present Mic ended the exam.

???: "Thank you! I thought I was going to die. What's your name?"

Izuku bent down and started scraping his nails along the asphalt.

Izuku: -Izuku Midoriya-

???: "Thank you Midoriya. I'm Ochaco Uraraka, I hope we see each other in class."

Izuku nodded and put her down for Recovery Girl to heal up. He then went back to the apartment to tell Rumi about dinner. He opened the door and walked inside, she greeted him as he walked straight for a white board she installed and started writing.

Izuku: -Met old friend. Invited to dinner at Bakugo house. Tonight.-

He then walked to his room to get ready as she read the message. She sighed, knowing he would probably drag her anyway, and went to get ready too.

It took a while to get there, but they had reached the Bakugo household. They got out of the car and Izuku knocked on the door, a commotion could be heard when he did so.

Mitsuki: *Yelling* "Get down here brat! Your friends are here!"

Katsuki: *Yelling* "I know you old hag! I heard the knock!"

Footsteps could be heard as Katsuki opened the door, and his face went from one of annoyance to shock as he saw Rumi. He let them in and led them to the living room.

Katsuki: "So you're the friend who's been taking care of Deku? How long have you known him?"

Rumi: "I've known this guy for about a month and a half. Yes I know how long he's been alone."

Katsuki nodded before calling out.

Katsuki: *Yelling* "Old hag! Dad! Get in here, you'll want to meet them, you'll like them I promise!"

A minute later both parents walked into the room, and their faces lit up with shock and joy. Mitsuki ran over to hug the boy.

Mitsuki: "Oh my god, Izuku! It's been so long! Where have you been, are you alright?"

Rumi: "Ahem. Definitely not the highest ranking female hero sitting on your couch."

Izuku laughed a little and patted her shoulder after Mitsuki released him.

Masaru: "Sorry, we're just relieved he's okay. Izuku would you like me to make you some Katsudon? I know fish wasn't exactly your favorite."

Izuku: *Excited* "Rah!"

Mitsuki and Masaru looked at him confused, Rumi then spoke up.

Rumi: "His quirk took away his speech, he's very excited about your Katsudon."

They nodded in understanding. Masaru went to the kitchen to make Izuku's food while everyone else started talking. As soon as Masaru was done he called everyone over to the table and set their food in front of them. They started eating, but then Rumi heard a sound she was familiar with now.

Izuku was only able to use sounds, but that just meant he was easier to read, there was one sound he always made when getting ready to use 'Exploding Blood' as Rumi called it, even though it was just fire.

She heard the nearly inaudible grunt, and turned to see a few drops of blood fall into the bowl. She realized he was trying to heat it back up, but they sank, meaning the room was about to become a Katsudon splash zone.

Rumi: "Midoriya. Don't you da-"

He ignited the blood, and everyone got covered in his food. The bowl was also spouting pink flames, which died down after a minute. Mitsuki got everyone towels to dry off with.

Izuku: "Mmmmmm."

Rumi: "That's what happens when you use it on food Midoriya. I tried to warn ya."

Mitsuki: "Was that his quirk? How does fire blood have anything to do with speech, and where did the cut go?"

Rumi looked over to Izuku, who nodded, letting her tell them about his quirk.

Rumi: "It's because of what his quirk is. As you know there's different types of quirks, emitter, transformation, and mutation. But recently, a new type has been emerging."

Masaru: "Yeah, demon types, right?"

Rumi: "Yeah, they're all largely the same, with few differences. One commonality is that they need to eat people to get stronger. Now Midoriya here, has a demon type, but he's different. He doesn't need to eat people, there isn't even an urge to do so. He gained what people are calling a 'Blood Demon Art' overnight. The advantage of not needing human meat to power up, brought the drawback of no speech."

The Bakugos looked at Izuku amazed. Katsuki walked over to him and put his hand on Izuku's shoulder.

Katsuki: "Let's be heros, together Deku."

Izuku nodded and smiled. They talked for a few hours before Izuku and Rumi headed back to their apartment.