Sports Festival Pt. 2

Present Mic just ended to cavalry battle event, and started announcing the top four teams over the speakers.

PM: *Loudly* "In first place. Is Team Midoriya! In second place, Team Todoroki! In third, Team Shinso! And finally, in fourth place, Team Ashido!"

Izuku hugged his teammates tightly. Midnight announced the next event as the tournament, and told the students to go have lunch while Cementoss made the fighting platform. Izuku and his team walked into the arena, going towards the cafeteria, when Izuku heard a noise. It was a soft tapping sound, so quiet only his enhanced hearing was sensitive enough to hear it, and maybe some people with specific animal quirks, like Rabbit.

He walked towards the room it was coming from, and was pulled in once he was outside the door. A light switch was flipped, revealing Rumi, in casual clothes, with some fast food she had brought.

Rumi: "C'mon, you can't be that surprised, can you? Now let's eat!"

Izuku: "Ah!"

He smiled and sat down on a couch. She sat next to him, setting down the bag of food, and handing him what she ordered for him.

Rumi: "Good job so far. You better be ready to kick your friends asses in this tournament though."

He simply nodded as he started eating. She kept talking to him as they ate, eventually the classes were called to their respective stands. They kissed and walked to the 1-A area, Rumi sticking around to see how his class was doing. When they got there, Midnight was announcing the match ups. Ashido was going first against Shinso from General Studies.

Ashido had won, but barely. Her strength quirk activated subconsciously, breaking her finger and breaking her out of the trance she seemed to be in. She was able to win easily after that, even talking to the boy who seemed to be upset, more than normal for losing in the tournament.

After a few more matches, Izuku was up against Aoyama. Rumi wished him luck, even though she knew he wouldn't need it, as he walked down. He walked onto the platform, Aoyama across from him.

Midnight: "Ready!?"

I&A: "Hm!/Oui Madamoiselle."

Midnight: "Start!"

Aoyama started shooting his laser in small bursts. Izuku charged but Aoyama was making it difficult, yes he could just regenerate, but the lasers also pushed him back whenever he got hit. After a minute of getting nowhere, Izuku got an idea. He plunged all five fingers of his right hand into his left bicep, pulling out a large chunk of skin, muscle, and blood. He threw the bloody chunk at Aoyama at a speed that the boy couldn't react, and ignited it. The blood burned Aoyama, and broke his belt, making him focus on keeping the laser in, letting Izuku get in close. He rushed to Aoyama, and delivered a devastating kick to his chest. The creaking of stressed bones could be heard as Aoyama was launched off the platform, unconscious.

Izuku picked him up as Midnight declared his victory, and took the boy to Recovery Girl. He walked back to the stands to see Rumi, surrounded by the rest of the class. He sat down at a seat away from the group to wait for his next match. He was watching Sero get frozen by Todoroki, but suddenly heard two gasps, one from his class as he heard Rumi land next to him, presumably getting tired of his class and wanting to sit next to him. The other, from the wall separating 1-A and 1-B. When he looked over, a familiar, perpetually smug, blonde haired boy, known as Monoma, was looking over the wall.

Monoma: "What!? Ms. Mirko! Why are you over there with the Class A losers? Especially when they have that demon with them!"

Usually, Rumi would just make a quick, humorous comeback, but the way he called Izuku demon, just didn't sit right with her.

Rumi: "Well just so you know, I have seen what these guys have had to fight. They're not losers. Now, this demon right here has a name. It's Izuku Midoriya, and you better remember that."

She jumped over to the top of the wall, bended down, and looked Monoma in the eyes.

Mirko: "Because the next time you say demon like that, you won't be leaving a hospital bed for a long time you brat. I will NOT tolerate you insulting my roommate like that."

She kicked him off the wall and hopped back down to Izuku's side. He looked at her, thankful, she smiled and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek, causing 1-A to gasp.

Rumi: "Oh please. You all already knew this would happen. And no spilling! I'll know!"

They just nodded and sat down.

The second round started, and Izuku was against Tokoyami. The two students walked down the the concrete fighting area.

Tokoyami: "A demon, made of darkness, against a demon embraced by light. May the best man win Midoriya."

Izuku nodded as Midnight began the match. Izuku, while mute, never lost his love for analyzing quirks, and he already knew Dark Shadow's only weakness, light. He dug into his skin, spray blood out towards and onto Dark Shadow, which Tokoyami sent towards him. He ignited the blood, causing the shadow monster to shrink. Izuku got in close and shoved Tokoyami out of the ring. Izuku helped him up, and they both nodded at each other before walking back.

Izuku continued to watch, until his next match came up, against Bakugo. They both stood up, looked at each other, nodded, and walked off. When they made it down they nodded again, confirming an unsaid plan, one that would be remembered for the rest of their years.

Midnight began the match, and the two boys just walked to the center. The crowd looked confused, as they expected a battle, not what appeared to be a contest of will. At least, that's what they hoped it was, but those hopes were quickly shattered as the two teens struck combative poses, with their fists in the center. Before anyone could make any theories, their hands started going up and down.

Bakugo: "Shoot!"

The hands stopped, Izuku with a fist, and Bakugo with a flat hand.

Bakugo: "Ha! Paper beats rock!"

Izuku nodded, turned around, and walked off the platform, forfeiting the match.

Crowd: *Yelling* "WHAT!?"

Izuku walked back to the stands with Bakugo, finding Rumi laughing as they came back. She walked over and hugged Izuku.

Rumi: "Oh my god! That was amazing Izu! Great plan!"

Bakugo: "We've been preparing for that moment since we first watched the festival when we were six. The Rock, Paper, Scissors match that all of Japan will remember for years."

He and Izuku shared a fist bump, but Bakugo had to go back to fight Todoroki.

A while later, Izuku was on the third place podium instead of Iida, who had to leave because of family reasons. All Might appeared to hand out the medals, he walked over to Izuku, putting the third place medal around his neck. He was given a microphone by Midnight,undoubtedly to ask about his thrown match.

AM: "YOUNG MIDORIYA, MAY I ASK WHY YOU AND BAKUGO DIDN'T FIGHT IN THE SEMI-FINALS?"

Izuku nodded, and wrote his answer into the podium.

AM: "YOU TWO WERE PLANNING THAT SINCE YOU WERE SIX HUH? OH AND YOUR MOM WOULDN'T WANT TO SEE YOU TWO HURT EACH OTHER. WHAT WHOLESOME AND NOBLE REASONS YOUNG MIDORIYA."

Izuku nodded as All Might moved on. He looked to the sky, wondering, would she be proud of him. He remembered back to her last words she ever said to him, the words of a woman, dieing for her child.

Inko: "Remember Izuku. I will always love you, no matter what." *Coughs up blood* "Become a great hero, be true to yourself, Get a beautiful wife, or a handsome husband, I don't care, as long as you're happy. Don't fight with Katsuki, he's a good kid, even if he's a little hot headed." *Coughing followed by heavy breathing* "Live a good life Izuku. Goodbye, I lo..ve...... you."

He decided she would be, he was getting closer to being a hero, he and Bakugo were the best of friends, and she would most likely approve of Rumi, despite the age difference.