Battle Training

Izuku was sitting at his desk, and if someone asked, he would've admitted he was thinking of his roommate. He and Rumi had gotten closer over the week they had been together, was it fast? Yeah sure, even from his eyes. Did he really care about how fast they got together? No, not at all. He was looking forward to getting back to tell her, well write, about the hero lesson they were going to have, since it was their first practical lesson.

Suddenly All Might barged through the door, yelling about how he was entering, Izuku was to busy mentally fanboying to really listen to the man. He started to listen once he calmed down though.

AM: "NOW THEN. TODAY WE WILL BE DOING, COMBAT TRAINING! BUT WHAT IS A HERO WITHOUT THEIR GEAR!?"

He pressed a button on the podium and numbered cases popped out of the far wall.

AM: "NOW GO CHANGE INTO THE SUITS YOU SUBMITTED TO UA, AND MEET ME AT GROUND B!"

Izuku got up and reached for his case, which was at the top of the wall, which he couldn't reach.

Izuku: "Mmmm!"

Tsu jumped up and grabbed it for him, he nodded a thank you and they left. Once they were in the locker room, Izuku noticed a hole in the wall in the direction of the girls locker room, so he put a bead of blood inside just in case. Before anyone was done changing, Izuku heard Mineta talking.

Mineta: "Guys look! Our predecessors left us a holy grail! There's peep hole into the ladies room!"

Iida: "Mineta I suggest you stop this. UA students should not be doing things this vulgar!"

Mineta stopped listening and started ranting about the girls' bodies. Izuku, sick of his remarks, ignited the blood he put in the hole, leaving a burn mark on Mineta's face. The small boy then turned to see Izuku's pink eyes in his face, slit pupils dilating like a cat ready to pounce.

Izuku: "Grrrr."

Mineta: "Y-y-you know what Iida? You're right! Too vulgar for us first years!"

He quickly went back to his case and started changing again, as did Izuku, though he was now keeping an eye on ball haired student. He stayed until Mineta left and followed him to the rest of the class.

 He stayed until Mineta left and followed him to the rest of the class

As he emerged from the hallway Tsu and Bakugo walked over to him.

Tsu: "Great hero suit Midoriya! -kero And the girls are thankful for you stopping Mineta."

Izuku looked to Bakugo.

Bakugo: "Of course I would tell them, you deserve the thanks Deku. Like the get up by the way."

Izuku smiled and they walked over to the rest of the class. All Might described the how they would be fighting over a bomb in teams of two indoors. He made the draw lots to choose the teams.

Izuku got A as well as Uraraka. All Might then reached into two other boxes and drew Team A and Team D.

AM: "TEAM A SHALL BE THE HEROS! TEAM D ARE THE VILLAINS! YOU BOTH HAVE 5 MINUTES TO PLAN AND STRATEGIZE, USE IT WISELY, NOW GO!"

The two teams walked over to the building and the villains went inside.

Uraraka: "So, Midoriya. Got any plans?"

Izuku just bent down and started writing in the concrete with his nails.

Izuku: -Bakugo go for me. You try for the bomb. I join after dealing with Bakugo.-

Uraraka: "Alright!"

All Might announced the start of the trial after a few minutes and they headed inside.

Izuku and Uraraka had made it to the second floor and were about to round a corner when Bakugo rocketed around it, tackling Izuku, and letting Uraraka go ahead.

Bakugo: "Let's see just how strong you are Deku! I won't let just anybody be number two!"

Izuku growled and pushed Bakugo off, the force throwing him down the hall. Once they both recovered, they charged. Izuku sent a kick towards Bakugo's chest, but the blond boy used an explosion to dodge up, the kick just missed his shin. Izuku's momentum carried him forward, and Bakugo hit Izuku's back with an explosion, sending him into the wall at the end of the hall.

Bakugo landed and saw blood leaking from where Izuku was stuck, before seeing it ignite. Izuku pulled himself out of the wall and started kicking the flaming rubble towards Bakugo. Explosions could be heard as Bakugo was forced to dodge. Izuku used the rubble as a distraction to close the distance and pin Bakugo on the ground. Before he could get up, Bakugo felt something warm start to fall and spread on him, he looked up, and saw Izuku dragging his nails through his arm, drenching Bakugo in blood.

Izuku: "Ah!"

Bakugo: "Good plan, I can't move without you igniting this, can I?"

Izuku nodded in confirmation and walked off, he then heard Uraraka over their radio.

Uraraka: "Midoriya. I found the bomb on the fifth floor, Iida's spotted me thought."

He grunted a response and quickly made his way to Uraraka's location. He walked into the room to find Iida running around with the bomb, and Uraraka failing to touch either. He lunged at Iida and kicked him in the side, sending him flying and shattering his armor. He got up and started running at Izuku, engines roaring, Izuku blocked a kick Iida threw, which cracked his arm a little. Iida backed off and started to go for Uraraka, who was almost at the bomb. Izuku rushed and had to block yet another bone cracking kick, his bones healed almost instantly, but he knew Uraraka's wouldn't. Uraraka then touched the bomb and Izuku wrote in the concrete.

Izuku: -Make weaker kicks. Both ones I blocked cracked my bones. None of our classmates can heal like me.-

Iida quickly apologized as they went back to the viewing area, and everyone minus the two teams and Tsu looked at Izuku weirdly. Izuku tilted his head in confusion as Bakugo and Tsu walked over to him.

Bakugo: "They're, a bit creeped out by the blood drench thing."

Izuku ignited the blood, and since he didn't see Bakugo as his opponent, the pink flames didn't burn him, instead, they left his suit looking as if it wasn't drenched in blood mere minutes before. The rest of the matches went by, most were interesting, others not, but Izuku enjoyed watching them all.

After school, Izuku walked into the apartment, and sat next to Rumi on the couch.

Rumi: "How'd it go?"

Izuku: "Mm!"

She laughed.

Rumi: "So you had fun kicking ass?"

Izuku nodded and pulled out his phone.

Izuku: -How's hero work?-

Rumi: "You wouldn't believe it but my second day back, and I'm already getting called in for a big drug bust! Those snot nosed druggies didn't know what hit them!"

Izuku giggled and gave her a kiss.

Rumi: "I'm still getting used to that. Who'd you fight anyway?"

Izuku: -Bakugo and Iida. I was teamed up with Uraraka.-

Rumi: "Oh? You bored with me already? Is she a replacement?"

Her teasing caused Izuku to panic and hug her, what she didn't expect were the wet spots she could feel coming from him, he was crying. She quickly hugged him back, tight.

Rumi: "Whoa whoa whoa. I was kidding, I know you'd never do that Izuku."

He looked up at her with tear filled eyes. She responded by giving him a kiss, which cheered him right up. He described the whole match to her on his phone and she said she was proud of him. After dinner he fell asleep with her on the couch. His power grew with each passing day., but was it growing fast enough, for the danger right around the corner? Only time would tell.