New Work Study

Months had passed and now it was a bright, sunny, winter morning when Izuku and Rumi appeared in the common space, neither carrying a child. While they were awake, they looked to be half asleep. The boys on the second floor and the girls on the third floor knew why. Despite their isolation on the girl's side of the second floor, which is where Nezu moved the family to, the cries of the babies could still be heard if the room was close enough.

The two dragged themselves into the kitchen area and downed some coffee. Ashido then approached them.

Ashido: "Yeesh. You two look tired, what happened?"

Izuku: "Mmm."

Rumi: "Michikatsu and Yoriichi wouldn't stay asleep last night."

Ashido: "How so?"

Rumi: "It was like clock work. First Michikatsu wanted food and cried. Then an hour later Yoriichi did. The next hour Michikatsu needed a diaper change. And you can figure out what happened next."

Uraraka, who was walking by, spoke up.

Uraraka: "So how many hours of sleep did the two of you get?"

Izuku held up three fingers and Rumi chuckled.

Rumi: "They're pains in our asses, but they're definitely worth the effort."

Izuku nodded and grunted in agreement.

Uraraka: "So, who's with them now?"

Rumi: "Hisashi. Uzui should be returning from a mission today too, right Izuku?"

Izuku: "Ah."

Rumi suddenly felt the need to stretch. When she did, a chill went through her body, causing her to kick her leg and incidentally kick Mineta, who no one had seen, out of the kitchen and over to the couches. Izuku held in a laugh.

---

(Christmas Special Happens)

---

Just a few days after Christmas, and 1-A were now all back in the dorms. Class 1-A were all lounging in the common space and both Michikatsu and Yoriichi were playing with Rumi's hair. Then Aizawa walked over and cleared his throat to get their attention.

Aizawa: "Ahem!"

The class all looked to him.

Aizawa: "Listen up! I know you're all still riding the Christmas high, but we need to get back to work! As of today, work studies are back in session! Also, they are mandatory this time around. For those of you who already did work studies, I suggest staying with them. For those who didn't or can't go back, use your internship host if possible or call them and see if they can point you in the right direction. If that doesn't work, either ask your classmates, other hero course students, or us staff about potential heros. That is all! Be wise in your decision."

With that said, he began to walk off.

Rumi: "Hold on a sec Hobo!"

He stopped and looked at her.

Rumi: "I think we both know that Izuku will be significantly harder to find a work study for."

Aizawa: "Yes, I am aware. I was going to say this to you two later, but Midoriya is allowed to not participate. We have arranged for the Nighteye agency to list you as employed once more to keep the HPSC off your back and let you stay here with the kids. The choice is yours Midoriya."

Izuku stood up.

Izuku: "Ah."

Aizawa stayed quiet.

Aizawa: "Is that a yes you will stay or a yes you will participate?"

Sato: "That was a yes?"

Izuku chuckled, pulled out his phone, and texted Aizawa.

Izuku: -I want to do a work study.-

Aizawa: "Fair enough. Bring in the paper once you get it stamped. I'll be going now."

With that said, he left the room, presumably to find an isolated corner to fall asleep in. The next few hours were spent by 1-A trying to figure out their individual work studies. Izuku was sitting at a table trying to think when Rumi walked over.

Rumi: "Why can't you just go to Nighteye again?"

Izuku pulled out his phone.

Izuku: -Sir is still in the hospital. He's luck to be alive. Centipeder and Bubble Girl already have their hands full.-

Rumi: "Right."

Then Todoroki walked over.

Todoroki: "Midoriya. Could I ask you something?"

Izuku nodded.

Todoroki: "Would you be interested in coming with me to work study at my old man's agency?"

Rumi: "You sure about that? Endeavor's never out right opposed demon types, but I don't think he's the type to take in Izuku."

Todoroki: "He will but only because I ask."

Izuku stayed silent for a moment before nodding.

Todoroki: "Good. You, Me, Ashido, and Bakugo will all go to my dad's."

Rumi let out a laugh.

Rumi: "That's a bit overkill, don't you think?"

Todoroki shrugged.

Todoroki: "Not really. My father already has so many sidekicks, what's four more?"

Rumi shook her head as it was clear Todoroki didn't get what she meant.

Rumi: "Nevermind. So when are you four going to meet the Symbol of Compensation anyway?"

Todoroki: "Compensation?"

Rumi groaned.

Rumi: "You can't have flaming facial hair 24/7 without a reason! He must be compensating!"

Todoroki: "For what?"

Rumi: *Quietly* "For the love of." *Yelling* Just tell me when!"

Todoroki: "In an hour."

Rumi: "Thank you."

---

A knock could be heard. Endeavor looked up from his desk.

Endeavor: *Loudly* "Come in!"

He watched the door open to see his son, Shoto Todoroki, and three of his classmates walk in. Endeavor recognized them and realized all four of 1-A's powerhouses had come for work studies.

Endeavor: "Shoto. Don't you think this is a little overkill?"

Izuku snorted as he held back a laugh.

Todoroki: "What do you mean? Mirko asked the same thing. Was I wrong to bring them here?"

Endeavor shook his head.

Endeavor: "No."

Todoroki: "So, will you take them in?"

Endeavor: "Yes I will. But only because it means you'll come to!"

With that, Izuku's work study was secure, and he didn't even have to lift a finger.