Next Step

Izuku, Rumi, and the class had finally reached the hall once more, now in their school uniforms. Mera then walked on stage and stood at the microphone.

Mera: "-yawn- I hope you all understand why we had to streamline the numbers this year. With the fall of All Might and rise of crime rates, -yawn- we need the best of the best to have their licenses. But do not fret, there's still the next exam, which will be held with the previous regulations. Now."

He pressed a button and a hologram of those who passed appeared above him. Izuku searched for his name, but it wasn't up there, though he did notice an empty slot.

Mera: "These are those who passed. -yawn- A paper detailing your performances will be passed around shortly. Now if you don't mind. I'm gonna go find a corner to sleep in."

With that the man walked off stage and men and women in suits started passing out papers. Ms. Jorkaki then made her way down the row Izuku was in before handing him his paper, which had 50/100 points, which confused him.

Izuku: "Ah?"

Ms. Jorkaki: "Yes you passed Midoriya. After the incident during the second portion we thought it best to hide your name. Don't worry, you'll still get your license. The HUC member you rescued and the Hero Commission spectators took all your points, but after seeing your intelligence with leading the fight away from the civilians Mera personally cut the deduction in half, making it so you only lost fifty points."

She gave him a smile and continued down the row. Izuku smiled and looked at the paper, tears beginning to roll down his face. He looked to Rumi who gave him a loving smile and put her hand on his shoulder. After a few minutes Mera once again spoke up.

Mera: "Now, those of you who passed, we will now be taking your photo for the licenses, please follow Mr. Horoti here. The rest of you may either stay in here to socialize or go to your busses."

Izuku looked over to the man Mera pointed out and walked over, confident nothing would happen as all of his classmates were with him.

After half an hour all the pictures were done and the licenses were printed. Izuku walked out of the building, hero costume case in one hand and hero license in the other. Rumi walked over and sat next to him.

Rumi: "You excited?"

He nodded.

Rumi: "You should be. You finally get to do actual hero work instead of breaking the law! Though your insistence on doing the right thing no matter what is pretty badass. And hot."

Izuku blushed and smiled before pulling out the notebook.

Izuku: -Yeah! I can finally work with you!-

Rumi's smile wavered for just a second before intensifying.

Rumi: "Not really Izu."

Izuku looked saddened.

Izuku: -Why not?-

Rumi: "Don't worry, you'll like the reason, I promise."

She ruffled his hair a little and stood up.

Rumi: "Now let's go! We've waited long enough."

Izuku stood up and started walking towards the bus when she stopped him by grabbing his shoulder.

Rumi: "Nuh uh. You have your license now, which means we can both legally run faster than the bus! Last one there has to do the dishes!"

With that she took off, leaving Izuku in the dust. He smiled, crouched down, and took off after her. For the next hour they were racing back to UA. Sometimes Izuku would be in the lead while others Rumi would be, they were evenly matched in speed. Once they reached the path to Heights Alliance, they both kicked it up a notch. Rumi started running on all fours, something she would never admit was faster, and Izuku made cuts at the bottom of his feet to use Exploding Blood as propulsion. Needless to say the 1-A dorm building needed new front doors.

After cleaning up a little both Izuku and Rumi headed to their dorm room. Izuku was sat on the bed while Rumi stood infront of him, holding something behind her back.

Izuku: "Rah?"

Rumi: "S-so, Izuku. This is about why I didn't fight and why you won't be able to work with me."

Izuku pulled out his phone.

Izuku: -What is it? Are you okay? Is it some kind of injury?-

She smiled and shook her head at his worry full questions.

Rumi: "I'm fine Izuku. You know how well I can kick life's ass. This is different. I said it was personal earlier, and that's true, but it's also personal to you. It affects both of us Izuku."

Izuku: -What is it?-

She walked forward, bent down, took his phone, set it down, gave him a kiss, and placed the object she was holding in his hand. She stood back up and took a couple steps back, a smile plastered on her face. Izuku, now coming out of the stun she put him in, looked down and saw a small white stick in his hand. He noticed a small window on the thicker part, with two vertical red lines. Izuku looked up at her, then back down, repeatingly changing his gaze's target. Finally he stopped at her, tears of joy slidding down his cheeks.

Izuku: "Rah?"

Rumi nodded and stepped forward.

Rumi: "Yes Izu, I'm pregnant. You're going to be a dad."

He lunged forward and wrapped his arms around her in a hug which she gladly returned. The next step of their relationship had just started.