Final Exams

A week had passed since the Internships ended and now the class was standing infront of Aizawa outside the training grounds, ready for the practical portion of their final exams.

Aizawa: "Before we start, do any of you know what you're going to be doing?"

Ashido bounced up and down, hand waving through the air.

Aizawa: "Ashido, go ahead."

Ashido: "Kendo said we'd be fighting robots like in the entrance exams!"

???: "Ordinarily, you'd be correct Miss. Ashido!"

The owner of the new voice crawled his way out of Aizawa's capture tool, revealing Nezu himself.

Nezu: "Behold! It's me, the principal! Now like I said, usually you would fight robots, but that would be inefficient considering this class' experience! So instead you'll be fighting us, the staff of UA!"

When he ended the other faculty members walked out, revealing themselves.

Aizawa: "Now you all may be thinking 'This is unfair!', right? Normally I'd say life itself is unfair but this would be overboard even for me."

Nezu: "Which is why Miss. Hatsume from the Support Course made us these nifty little weights that force us to carry around half our body weight! Carrying on, you will be split into teams of two, your partners having been chosen for specific reasons. Now for the teams and opponents!"

Nezu listed off the names but Izuku noticed he wasn't with Bakugo or Tsu. Eventually the small rodent made it to the last team.

Nezu: "And finally, Mina Ashido and Izuku Midoriya versus!"

???: "ME!"

The booming voice of All Might could be heard as he landed between the students and other teachers.

AM: "YOU TWO SHALL BATTLE ME FOR YOUR FINAL EXAM."

After that Nezu ordered the first 4 pairs to their areas and let the others strategize or watch. Izuku and Ashido chose to strategize, though it was more like Izuku dragged her to a waiting room. He sat down across from her and they began.

Ashido: "So, Midori, any ideas?"

Izuku took out his phone to write.

Izuku: -Other than distracting him then none. While yes I can regenerate almost instantly, there's no way I'm faster than him. Same speed maybe but not faster.-

Ashido: "I agree, oh! Maybe if I supercharge my acid making with OFA you can push me real fast and our combined speed can rush past him!"

Izuku: -That might work. I can also constantly leak blood so he doesn't want to come close. We will have to go around cause he might go for a more direct approach-

Ashido stood up and held up her hand, waiting for a high five which Izuku quickly reciprocated.

Half an hour later they were called down to the city training ground. Once they reached it Ashido charged OFA to her max percentage and started excreting acid from her feet. Izuku dragged his nails through his arms and focused on not regenerating. The buzzer went off and so did they.

Instead of heading straight, Izuku pushed Ashido three streets to the side before heading down. They then heard a giant crash as an airwave destroyed the main street that they would've been on if they went straight before hearing All Might land and yell in confusion.

AM: *Yelling* "WHERE DID YOU GO HEROS? RUNNING AWAY?"

Izuku went faster so they could get out of range before Ashido could yell back a remark that would get them caught. Though that wouldn't matter as All Might started tracking Izuku's blood trail. He could hear the giant man coming because of his footsteps and the sound of him spitting to get the boy's blood off his face, so he ignited his blood and let his arms regenerate.

Izuku: "Ah!"

He pushed his legs harder but just before they crossed the exit, All Might appeared, so Izuku pulled out something not even Ashido knew he came up with. He quickly wiped some leftover blood on her back, grabbed her tightly, fell backwards so she was facing up, let go, and ignited it, the force of the flames sending the girl upwards, over the Symbol of Peace and through the exit. Then Present Mic's voice came over the speakers.

PM: "Midoriya and Ashido claim victory over All Might!"

With that Izuku and All Might walked around the corner to Ashido and All Might deflated.

AM: "Phew, that was a workout with these weights on you two. Good job, especially you Young Midoriya with that booster thing you did, you got a name for it?"

Izuku thought for a moment before pulling his phone out, deciding to pay one last bit of homage to his grandmother.

Izuku: -Shimura's Flight.-

AM: "I like it, though her quirk was Float, not Fly."

Izuku: -And the move is a boost, not flying either.-

AM: "..... touche."

Ashido: "Whatever it was, it was amazing! It felt so cool to do that, I wish I could actually float!"

They all chuckled before heading to where they needed to be.

Later, Izuku walked into the apartment to see Rumi flying into him. When they stood up Izuku looked past her to see another hero, the number 3 hero Hawks, a slightly annoyed look on his face.

Rumi: "Oh hey Izu. Welcome back, I can talk later but I need to take care of KFC over there."

Izuku giggled at the nickname.

Hawks: "Who's the kid? Your little brother or something, Bugs?"

Rumi: "He's my roommate thank you very much, and a good friend too!"

Suddenly Izuku felt a feather scratch his cheek and return to Hawks. Izuku put his hand on Rumi's shoulder before she could get mad, looked her in the eyes, and she nodded, knowing his plan. He ignited the small amount of blood Hawks took with the feather.

Rumi: "And that's why you don't mess with Izu."

She walked over and put him out with a blanket she picked up. The fire didn't reach his body but it did burn a few feathers.

Hawks: "Now I recognize you, you're the UA demon."

He said demon with such venom that it seemed like they had personally killed his mother infront of him. Rumi bent down and looked in Hawks' eyes similarly to how she did with her mother, a look Izuku affectionately named Murder Rabbit.

Rumi: *Quiet* "I hear you say demon like that towards Izu one more time, and I swear you'll wish I let one of those Nomu things be the one to tear you apart. Out of our apartment NOW"

He got up quickly and ran out, leaving an angry Rumi and a saddened Izuku. Rumi snapped out of her anger when she heard something hit the floor and a soft sob come from Izuku. She hugged him and brought him over to the couch, letting him cry into her shoulder.

Rumi: "It's okay, he doesn't know you, he's just a quirkist asshole. You know there's plenty of people out there who won't care about your quirk. I love you Izuku, and your friends care about you. Now show me how your exam went."

He looked up at her, a small smile on his face as he wiped the final tears from his face. Izuku gave her a quick kiss and pulled out his phone, showing her a video of his exam.

Rumi: "Amazing job Izu! I didn't think you two would be able to win against All Might himself! Now let's get us some dinner, I'll order so just relax."

Izuku: "Mm!"

They went to bed a while after they ate, Izuku was about to fall asleep when Rumi started having another nightmare.

Rumi: "Get away. No please, he doesn't deserve this! Leave my Izu alone! Hawks! Stop! Kamui! Let me go! Please! No, Izu-"

She opened her eyes, tears starting to flow down her face, but they didn't get far as Izuku wiped them away and hugged her.

Rumi: "Thanks Izu, guess we're even for today huh?"

She chuckled and they kissed briefly before settling back down for the night.