Backlash

Nezu was out getting a snack when he passed a store with TVs in it's windows. As usual they had the news on them so he didn't pay them any mind. It wasn't until he heard what the news was reporting on that he stopped.

Anchor: "This just in. The Number Five hero Mirko, otherwise known as the woman dating a demon, has given birth to twins just nine hours ago."

Nezu stopped and looked to the TV, knowing this wasn't going to be good.

Anchor: "According to our sources, the twins are indeed fathered by the demon known as Izuku Midoriya, a wannabe hero-in-training at UA high. One has even inherited the demon genes of his father."

Random Civilian: *Yelling* "What!? This is ridiculous! They can't let him or those kids be set loose!"

RC2: *Yelling* "What has society fallen to that we allow demons to protect us! Even our heros are falling for his lies!"

Nezu turned around to find what he feared, hatred. The eyes of the people surrounding him were filled with rage and fear. He looked around and found a pile of boxes, quickly climbing to the top.

Nezu: *Yelling* "Enough!"

RC3: *Yelling* "And who are you!?"

RC1: *Yelling* "That's Nezu! Why'd you let that demon into UA!"

Nezu: *Loudly* "Because he isn't a demon! He is a teenage boy that society has repeatedly stepped on and trampled and he still wants to be a hero to protect it!"

RC2: *Yelling* "And what if he turns!? You can't guarantee he won't!"

Nezu: *Loudly* "You aren't scared of him turning. Your scared of what it means if he does. You're scared of face your actions head on! You're scared that if he turns, that means it's your fault! Well guess what! He won't! I can guarantee that he won't!"

RC2: *Yelling* "How!?"

Nezu: *Loudly* "Because he would have already!"

The crowd became restless and many more began to yell. His words had done nothing to ease their fears. Nezu leapt from the box pile and began to run back to the UA building while calling someone.

???: "Hello?"

Nezu: "Tsukauchi. Get a helicopter to extract Midoriya, Mirko, and their twins as soon as they can leave. I want them nowhere near the front entrance of the hospital."

Tsukauchi: "On it. Why though?"

Nezu: "The public knows. And I doubt they'll stop until they get their hands on those four. I need to male another call."

Tsukauchi: "Right. Good luck Nezu."

The call ended and Nezu made another.

Nezu: "Mera!"

Mera: "-yawn- Yes Nezu?"

Nezu: "I need every hero who's public opinion of demon types is negative away from Musutafu Central Hopital."

Mera: "Why? -yawn-"

Nezu: "Look at the news. I need to get to my office. I'll call you back then."

Mera: "Alright. Bye."

He then made one last call.

Aizawa: "This about the news?"

Nezu: "Yes. I need you, Mic, Vlad, and Thirteen as extra guards at the hospital."

Aizawa: "Right away."

Nezu: "Good luck."

The call ended and Nezu picked up the pace. It took him nearly half an hour but he made it. Infront of the UA gates was a mob. They were even carrying signs.

Nezu: "Been a while. Hope I haven't gotten rusty."

He ran into the crowd and used rat like movements to perfectly weave through the people. He was able to make onto the campus before crowd was able to trigger the gate. He rushed to his office just to find he was getting a video call from the HPSC President. He answered and he could see the anger on her face.

President: "Nezu! Did you know about this!?"

Nezu: "Please excuse me Ms. President, but you'll have to be a bit more precise than that."

President: "Don't give me that. You know I'm talking about Mirko and her children she had with that demon brat!"

Nezu feigned interest.

Nezu: "Oh, THAT! Sorry but I did know about it."

President: "Then why did I have to find out from the news!?"

Nezu: "Because we both know what you would do with those children. You would take them and force them through your special courses to make them your assassins."

President: "You won't get away with this! We command every hero in the country!"

Nezu: "And how many will follow your lead? UA already has many powerful heros employed here, not to mention all the students training here."

President: "We still have the top ten."

Nezu: "That's the thing. You don't. Mirko herself will fight against you, Ryukyu is friends with both Mirko and Midoriya so she's with us, both Edgeshot and Best Jeanist share positive opinions of demon types, Endeavor wouldn't go against his son, Shoto Todoroki, and last I checked, Hawks almost got himself eaten so I'm sure he'd stay away from this. The people are swayed by their favorites. The Top ten are the favorites of all of Japan. You try anything, and the public's faith in you dissappears."

He stared into the eyes of the President.

President: "Fine, you win this time. But remember, we fund you."

The call then ended and Nezu slouched into his chair, letting out a stressed sigh.

Nezu: "I haven't been this stressed since the experiments."

He shuddered at the thought from his past.

Nezu: "I will not allow those children to go through what I did. Never."

He picked his phone and dialed Mera once more.

Mera: "Nezu? -yawn- I did what I could, but it seems things have gotten a bit too out of control. I've got a few local heros running crowd control, but other than that, nothing more can be done."

Nezu: "That's right. Extraction is on it's way."

---

Rumi: "Geeze. People got really fucking upset over a couple of kids?"

Nurse: *Choking* "L-let me. G-go. Please."

Rumi turned her head to face the nurse she was currently choking for leaking information. She had also just caught her trying to take Michikatsu and Yoriichi from the nursery.

Rumi: "Hmm. Let me think about that. Uhhhhhh. No. Actually my arm is gettibg tired, so fine."

She dropped the nurse who had just fallen unconscious. Then the doctor walked in.

Doctor: "You ride is here. Go to the roof."

Rumi: "Hear that Izuku? Were getting outta here!"

Izuku: "Rah!"

He walked over to the heated cribs and picked up both twins before they walked out the doors, ready to face the storm this had created together.