Surprise

Rumi woke up to the sound of someone cooking and an amazing smell. She got up and walked out of her room towards the kitchen and she saw Izuku cooking. He turned and smiled.

Izuku: "Ah!"

This was a familiar routine they had created within the first few days, Izuku would often wake up before Rumi so he would make breakfast for the two before she left to do hero work. Today was no different, she had recently picked up a case and had to work all week on it, leaving Izuku to his own devices most of the time.

She walked over and sat at the table as Izuku gave her a plate of eggs and bacon and sat across from her with his own.

Rumi: "Thanks Midoriya! You're way better at cooking than me."

He nodded and they ate. He saw her out the door and walked over to the couch to relax and watch the TV.

Later on he was on his phone, which Rumi bought him so they could keep in touch, when he heard a knock at the door. He got up to answer it, thinking it was a something Rumi had ordered, but when he opened the door, he was face to face with another hero, the number 10 hero Ryukyu to be exact.

Ryukyu: "Oh, my apologies, I guess this is the wrong apartment, do you know where my friend Rumi Usagiyama lives."

He nodded and pointed inside the apartment.

Izuku: "Mm!"

Ryukyu: "You mean she lives here? But you're here. What's going on?"

Izuku took out his phone and showed her the texts between him and Rumi to prove they were roommates. He then led her inside, sat her down at the table, and got her some water.

Ryukyu: "Why thank you. What is your name?"

He typed it out on his phone and showed her.

Ryukyu: "Well it's nice to meet you Midoriya, if you don't mind me asking, why don't you talk?"

Izuku: *On phone* -Quirk-

Ryukyu: "Ah okay. You seem awfully young, how old are you?"

Izuku: -15, don't ask, personal-

She just nodded and they kept talking for a few hours until they heard the door open.

Rumi: *Yelling* "I'm back Midoriya!"

Izuku: *Loudly* "Rah!"

He picked Ryukyu up over his head, carried her over to the door, and showed her to Rumi like a kid with a present. Rumi started laughing, once she calmed down she walked over to the couch and Izuku put Ryukyu down.

Rumi: "So I see you've met Midoriya."

Ryukyu: "Yes. I was confused when I saw him, I almost thought I had the wrong apartment."

They kept talking for a while, then suddenly Ryukyu had to go, leaving Rumi and Izuku alone, she suddenly spoke up.

Rumi: "Hey, Midoriya."

Izuku: "Ah?"

Rumi: "What do you want to be? Like just an ordinary citizen or a hero or something else?"

Izuku pulled out his phone.

Izuku: -Hero-

She nodded.

Rumi: "Well the entrance exam for UA High is next month, so I'll help you train, I know you want to prove a demon doesn't have to be bad, so I won't give you a recommendation, get ready for hell Midoriya."

Izuku nodded, his face full of excitement and determination.

Rumi: "My agency has a full gym inside and a couple of sparring rooms, we'll use those. Now let's get some food huh?"

Izuku got up and walked into the kitchen as Rumi turned on the TV. After a few minutes she heard Izuku yelp, something fall, and fire. She immediately turned around to see a pillar of pink flames rising from a knife Izuku dropped that had his blood on it. She also saw Izuku back away from the fire, which died down on it's own, she then walked over and picked up the knife.

Rumi: "Midoriya. You know how demon quirks usually gat special abilities after eating people?"

Izuku just nodded as she walked over and grabbed his hand.

Rumi: "Trust me."

She then slid the knife through his palm and took it back out, she also watched as the cut quickly closed. She took a step back and held up the knife.

Rumi: "I need you to focus on the blood that's on this knife, and try whatever you just did."

He nodded and focused, he could feel the blood, as if it was still a part of him that could be used, it felt like a new muscle, he tried to flex it, and when he did, the knife ignited in Rumi's hand, but it didn't burn her. She looked at it and even touched the flames directly.

Rumi: "Wow. Flames that don't burn. Wait no, that wouldn't make any sense, but what else could it be?"

She noticed Izuku typing on his phone.

Izuku: -Maybe only hurt who want?-

Rumi: "That's a good idea, we'll have to check tomorrow. For now, we can just eat leftovers."

She reached into the fridge and pulled out some leftover food from the day before and she heated it up.