XIX ▸ Sprung Ankle

SHORT

The goth sighed as she desperately tried to cover her eyes from the blinding sun. She didn't want to be outside but she thought it would be the least she could offer as her girlfriend did kinda save her from being killed by a hyde, aka tyler. While the half-dead girl was slowly buring and turning fully dead, the wolf was loving it.

She was admiring the vibrant green fields that were full of her favourite flower. She couldn't helpt but to smile brightly as she chomped down on her strawberries. She was completely oblivious to the fact that her goth girlfriend was staring at her, part was hate and part was love. After all, the wolf dragged her all the way out here instead of resting on the break they had. 

It was then Enid noticed something in the distance. It seemed to be a rather vibrant rose. It looked beautiful. 'Oh my god!' She yelled full fo excitement. She looked over at Wednesday who was already staring. Enid lightly shook the girls shoulder as she turned back to the flower in the distance. 'Look Wednesday!'

The wolf quickly got up and immediately ran down the steep hill. 'Enid wait!' The goth said as she quickly got up and ran after her. The wolf had reached the flower and Wednesday was still going down the hill, trying her best not to fall. 'It's beautiful..' the wolf muttered to herself as she stared at the rose.

'Enid!' The goth yelled. She was so close to flat land. It was then she happened to misstep, landing her foot right in a small hole and as she went to take another step, her foot was caught in the hole. Her left foot landed successfully but the moment she went to move her right foot, her foot turned almost 90° to the direction her shin was facing.

Twisstt.

She yelled out in pain for a moment as she fell onto the ground. The yelled caught the wolfs attention as she turned around, noticing her girlfriend on the floor. Her focus on the flower immediately fell as she saw her girlfriend lying on the floor, shaking a little. 'Wednesday!' She yelled as she ran over. She immediately crouched down and assisted the girl in sitting up. 

'What happened?!' The goths face twisted in discomfort. 'My ankle..' The wolf quickly picked up the girl, making Wednesdays eyebrows furrow. She may be injured, but she hated being picked up. The wolf made her way back up the hill and place the wolf down on the picnic blanket. Enid looked through her bag, pulling out a clear plastic bag.

She opened the cooler box where it was packed with ice and a few drinks. She quickly filled the bag with ice and sealed it shut. She moved back to Wednesday, taking her shoe and socks off. 'Swelling a bit and looks like it'll bruise a little..' she said as she placed the icepack on Wednesday leg, inhaling a small sharp inhale.

Enid felt this horrible sense of guilt. If she had just listened to Wednesday and waited, she wouldn't have gotten hurt. Wednesday saw the look on Enids face before sighing, she shifted her body so she was laying on the wolfs lap. 'This is better than getting killed by a hyde.' Enid stared at the goth before smiling, knowing this was Wednesdays way of saying dont be sorry.

The wolf leaned down and kissed Wednesday, which the goth returned. After a few seconds of the love, the wolf leaned away. 'I'm sorry.'

'I literally just told you not to be.'

'I can't help it.'

599 Words

levi-_tating finally got the fluff they needed