L ▸ Family of Three

【Requested by】

【kys12344

➥𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐓 - 𝐄𝐧𝐢𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐜𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐬 𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐤𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠. 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐖𝐞𝐝𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐢𝐭, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲, 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐢𝐭, 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐮𝐩𝐨𝐧 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐜𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐫.

Out of all people, only the blonde had been standing outside. She had gone outside the dorm to bask in the snow, which only occurred about every five years. The snow was falling rather rapidly, and she could see her breath in the cold air, yet it was still lovely.

The blonde gently giggled to herself as she walked down the road, taking care not to fall on the ice. Her gaze remained fixed on every building, house or just owned property while sometimes glancing at the snowmen that the town's young people, children, had crafted. They looked stunning, and some even wore scarves and top hats. She kept moving forward while grinning.

When she thought she heard a sound, she halted. She dismissed it after a short time of utter silence since the sound she believed she had heard never returned. ''It was probably nothing.'' She murmured, but as she moved forward, it came out louder and was much more audible. Her gaze travelled to the alleyway that was practically next to her. She moved cautiously along the alleyway but slowly. Once more, she heard the sound, and her gaze lowered to a little cardboard box. The sound continued to occur. Slowly, the blonde opened the box, revealing a black cat that was fearful and malnourished. The two felines locked eyes and the smaller cat sprang, back pressed against the corner of the cardboard box. The blonde was enthusiastic about the sight. She had no idea that a tiny town like this could be so lovely when it was winter.

''Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you, small guy.'' The blonde reached out to pick up the cat while whispering, but all she got was a scratch on her hand. Enid chuckled and just kept her hand in the box, far enough away from the cat to not get scratched. After a little while, the cat's eyes seemed to soften as it crept closer to Enid's palm, sniffing it before rubbing its head on her warm skin. As she softly petted the bad omen, the blonde couldn't help but grin. When she touched it, it purred. ''I've got to bring you home with me, buddy. If you stay outside in the cold, you'll die..'' As she whispered, the cat, whose tail was swinging between its legs and staring at her with curiosity, was carefully picked up.

The blonde gave it a minute of her complete attention before cradling it in her arms like a newborn. Her heart warmed as the cat gave her a soft, slow blink. It's said that a cat's slow blink at you is both a gesture of trust and a message of affection. Enid giggled and blinked gently back at it. The cat nestled into the blonde's arms and closed its eyes. Before getting up, the blonde thought, "Adorable. Let's get you home.'' she left the passageway and started heading back to Nevermore. Although she was aware that Wednesday wouldn't enjoy the new companion they are caring for but it was going to die if she just stood there a did nothing about it. She had to do something, after all, werewolves and cats come from the same bloodline. They were related for christ's sake.

➔➔➔

The blonde cautiously opened the door, praying to God that it wouldn't make a sound. But in the end, it creaked, and the goth spoke. "Welcome back, Enid." At the sound of a new voice, the cat abruptly sprung up and nearly slipped out of the wolf's grasp. She muttered the word "shit" under her breath. "What was that?" If Wednesday hadn't been writing right then, the blonde would have undoubtedly passed away from Wednesday's hands strangling her. Her blood ran cold. 'Nothing. Nothing.' The blonde muttered as she sped and walked to her bed but the second she got to her bed the cat meowed and Wednesday's typing came to a stop. The blonde started to sweat profusely and unintentionally held her breath. Wednesday's chair creaked as it turned, and she barely noticed it.