AO3 oneshot

Title : Are you tired of me yet? (I'm a little sick right now..)

Summary : Time is slowly creeping up on her. Her sickness is devouring her. She can feel her lungs burning, but she stays. Watching as his lips press against hers. As flowers fall down from the sky after being thrown, as the crowd erupts into cheers, as some cry and some whoop.

Whoops turned into screams and calls for help.

(Hanahaki)

https://archiveofourown.org/works/47355787

A faint doorbell ring penetrated the eery silence. It felt hundreds of times louder than it would in any other house but this was a manor, belonging to Wednesday Addams. A successful yet anonymous author of several books like "The Silence", based on all of her Adventures in Nevermore, particularly the forest that was hidden in a thick fog and a goosebumps-sending silence.

A slight sigh of annoyance rang out and footsteps followed shortly after. The now 5'6 goth bent down, staring at the awfully colourful mail. A glove was torn out of its designated pocket and slipped onto her slim, bony, pale, fingers. A sharp snap as it hit her wrist. She slowly picked up the colourful letter before standing up. She now disappeared from the spotlight, trodding into the living room where she had been sitting previously. The raging heat from the fireplace set an orange hue on her face. The letter let out small and silent snaps as the glue separated from the paper, before being flipped over, revealing the paper inside. It slowly slipped out of its position and unfolded. Coffee-brown eyes stared, slowly moving left to right, every word being processed in her mind.

"Wedding Invitation Letter"

"Hey, Wednesday! It's been a few years... You're lucky i have all of your books and could decipher who it was just based on the writing! I haven't seen you since high school back at the dorms. You have no idea how upset i was when you didn't return the following year. I can assure you though, I'm not mad at your or anything like that. It's pretty obvious why I'm sending you this letter. Ajax proposed to me a few months ago.. well, like 7 months ago. I couldn't tell you because i didn't have your number or anything. If you're wondering why i didn't send you a letter, it's because i hadn't convinced Eugene to tell me where you were back then... Sorry, I'm rambling. I'm sure you're telling me to take my ADHD Meds right now, aren't you? Anyway, I hope to see you at the wedding."

-Address-"It's in a week, by the way.."

"-Lots of Love, Enid (soon to be) Petropolus xoxo"

She sighed, pinching her nose. Her grammar is still as horrible as it was in high school. She thought. Her eyes scanned the letter over again before she began to write a reply.

═══════ ◈ ═══════

She wonders how she got here, standing in an uncomfortable tuxedo with tight gloves on. Nobody has seemed to even notice her yet. Approaching a crowd, she sighed before slowly beginning to try and push her way through the crowd of still-hormonal bodies. Enid practically invited the whole of Nevermore to her Wedding. The seer took a deep breath as she exited the crowd, arriving at the snack table. She definitely should have worn braids. Just as she was filling up a white cup with alcohol, a shriek ran through the room.

"No way! I can identify that silky smooth, shiny hair anywhere!"