XLII ▸ The Verge

I just want to say, gothicallybright is an amazing writer and just an amazing person. Their one shots are absolute masterpieces and I love them so much so, If you haven't already, please go show their book some love. They truly, truly deserve it.

【Requested by  】
【 Dead_Eye111 / WenclairShipperNr739 

➥𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐓 - 𝐀 𝐬𝐮𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐥 𝐑𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐣𝐮𝐦𝐩𝐬 𝐢𝐧.

✟⤚⤙⤚⤙⤚⤙⤚⤙⤚ Ⅴ ⤙⤚⤙⤚⤙⤚⤙⤚⤙✟

She stared. What she held in her hands would make her dreams come true, what everybody else wished for her to come true. All it took was one movement and she wouldn't have to worry. Being in front of the eyes of the grim reaper himself made Wednesday's blood pump. She raised the cold object placing it against the skin that wasn't far from her jaw, sending cold shivers down her spine but all of a sudden the door creaked open. She immediately threw the knife onto a target she had on the wall.

'You know, I shouldn't even be surprised you throw knives at a target dart.. thingy..' Wednesday just glared at her from the corner of her eye. Enid obviously noticed this and just raised her hands and looked away, saying sorry but not verbally. The goth turned back to the knife in the board. 'If Enid hadn't walked in.. that would be me.. Then she wouldn't have to deal with my bullshit anymore.' The raven thought. 

She grits her teeth as her fist clenches. 'FUCK!' She yelled as she took a heavy step on the floor, storming towards the Board. Enid went to say something before thinking it would just be better if she didn't, well she didn't say anything about the yell anyway. 'Um.. I'm gonna head to bed.. Okay?' In response, all she got was a nod as the goth pulled the knife out of the board. After changing into her pink pyjamas, the wolf felt hesitant about going to bed, so in order to change the direction of her attention she turned her back to Wednesday. However, her train of thought didn't change at all, frustrating her.

She couldn't help but think about how the girl's aura seemed so mad the second that the wolf walked in. Did she cause the goth that much stress, just by being in the same room? This thought made the wolf retreat deeper under the covers which were now resting on the bridge of her nose. 

➔➔➔

The goth quickly got up, however cautious of the 'sleeping' blonde. The goth looked over to her side of the room, staring at her body that was breathing quietly and steadily. 'You wanna be alone Wednesday? Be alone.' The words echoed in her mind. 'Did she say that because she wanted me to be alone, or because, she wanted to be alone?..' She whispered. Her eyes quickly glanced over to the drawer next to her bed.

In the drawer, she found something she could utilize, but it was for a different purpose than she was used to using it for. She picked up the orange bottle. Strong sleeping pills. She didn't hesitate to poor more than a lot into her hand. She stared. Her heart began racing and she began sweating and shaking. 'I've already made up my mind, stop being weak and do it!' She thought. Her eyes widened as she opened her mouth, tipped her head back and raised her hand up.

'Fuck.. ' Her arm strung like hell as the snap of the pills struck the floor. It took her a moment to record what had happened. She looked up, meeting the teary eyes of Enid Sinclair. Her blood ran cold but her face remained emotionless her slightly shaking body gave away how she felt. 'Wednesday..' She whispered. 'What. I couldn't sleep and I was trying to take a sleeping pill and go to sleep. 'YOU WERE ABOUT TO TAKE 12 OF THEM!' The goth immediately went silent.

She had nothing else to say, knowing she had been caught. Her body shook more than ever. She felt, afraid of the situation she was in. She felt two warm arms around her back, desperately gripping onto her as their head leaned into her shoulder. The goth could immediately feel her shoulder get wet. The ravenette expected a lecture but she just got caught in a warm embrace that made her feel safe.

The raven felt her eyes well up with tears as her arms quickly wrapped around the wolf's, gripping her back even higher than the wolf when they first hugged. She desperately tried to hide her face in Enid's shoulder, beginning to sob quietly in her shoulder as she thought.

'𝐈 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐥𝐲 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫.. 𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐬𝐨 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐝..'

788 words

✟⤚⤙⤚⤙⤚⤙⤚⤙⤚ Ⅴ ⤙⤚⤙⤚⤙⤚⤙⤚⤙✟