LXXII ▸ Graves

Hi. It's 11:23 pm as I'm writing this. I would just like to say thank you so much for 100K you have no idea how much this means to me. Right now, I am feeling rather ill but I will still produce something for you. This brings you to this chapter.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

The days were long but the hours were longer, sitting in her chair, in complete agony. The agony of impatience. Her knee was slightly shaking as she was aggressively biting on the end of her pen, not caring about the risk of it leaking. She just needed to see Wednesday, that's all she was worried about. She'd been missing for hours.

The wolf couldn't get her stupid pretty face out of her mind and it was absolutely killing her knowing she wasn't within 2 meters of her presence.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Her eyes remained glued to the door, occasionally tracking the shadows that were visible beneath the door for a short period of time. "Damnit.." she cursed as the end of the pen snapped in her mouth. She threw it onto the floor and gritted her teeth with tight fists, so hard her knuckles turned white and her nails dug into her skin, on the verge of bleeding.

"Where are you?.." She muttered. The thunder crashing outside made her flinch. The little rain had turned into a full-out downpour. Her anxiety suddenly spiked and just as she was about to stand up the door slammed open, and her head whipped around. "Wednesday!" She yelled as she stood up, storming over to the surprisingly not-soaked Seer.

"What?" Enid was more than astonished by the girl's audacity to say what after leaving her in the dark about her whereabouts for several hours. "What? That's all you've got to say? Seriously!" The wolf vividly saw the ravenette bite her lip lightly. "I'm sorry. There." Enid huffed.

"I don't forgive you, now tell me where you were." Wednesday scoffed and walked past her. "As if.." she muttered as she sat at her desk. She flinched when Enid's hand slammed against her desk, she looked up at her lover about to say something but froze at the look on her face. "You were gone for several hours. You didn't tell me where. You didn't tell me in advance. Your clothes are all muddy, and you give me attitude because I'm worried!? Unbelievable." She yelled before storming off to her side of the room.

Wednesday took a deep breath. Enid suddenly froze at the border of their sides when the goth spoke. "Graves." Enid turned around, sarcastic amusement on her face. "What about them? Is this about your stupid investigation?" Wednesday sighed, turning around. She stood up, walked over to Enid; took her hands into her own.

"Graves. For us. I dug graves for us." Enid raised an eyebrow in confusion. Before it suddenly made sense. "I'm sorry I didn't warn you. I'm sorry I was out for long. I'm sorry I came back late. I'm sorry I came back muddy. But it was for the graves." The Seer took a hesitant step forward, pressing their heads together. "I want to die young, and I know you'll follow me into the deepest pits of hell." The Seer took a deep breath.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

"𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭, 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮."