LXII ▸"Come back to me."

𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐩𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐜 𝐢 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐛𝐞 𝐚 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡

[I made a random joke discord server. It's not really serious or anything, hence why there are no rules.. but if u wanna join, the link is in the comments..]

TW : Hints of blood/death

Weird would be an understatement. Enid has been seeing something ever since the major battle at Nevermore began. It can only be compared to Wednesday's Visions, except it is less violent. She would see someone with long, wavy black hair. They had a bright smile on their face at all times and wore a black ring on their left hand. It looked a bit too familiar. The only thing that disturbed her was the fact that she couldn't see their eyes, which were the gateway to their soul. She was curious about this fascinating individual and the source of her positive emotions when she saw them. It was strange.

Something bright flashed before her eyes, and she was startled out of her thoughts as she heard people shouting in the distance. She smiled as she scoffed and started to think about Wednesday as she looked up at the night sky. Where was she, she questioned. The goth had not recently visited the dorm. The moment Enid's eyes landed on the trees, she smiled because they were so lovely. Who knew a wooden floor could be so cosy? '' Oh Wednesday, you never tell me anything.'' She laughed to herself and put her hands on her stomach while gazing up at the stars. She now understood what had happened. She wasn't in her dorm. She was lying on the ground in the woods. It was the flashlights that provided the light.

She let out a sigh. Her abdomen started to hurt as it grew with every inhale she took. She could feel her skin tearing from itself as her lungs filled with air. She brought her hand up to her face. Her hand was covered in a beautiful crimson red. ''Right.. I fought Tyler..'' Her hand dropped to her side as tears started to stream down the side of her face from the corners of her eyes. Not because she was scared. Not because it was painful. What terrified her was that she didn't know what happened to Wednesday. Was she hurt in any way? Where is she right now? She promised that she'd make sure to be right beside her to see her suffer in her final moments. She was unable to move, despite how strongly she wanted to see the goth. The stars appeared to be getting brighter as they became hazier. Enid smiled. "This is it... It's actually happening. As she spoke, she started to cough violently and blood began to leak out of her mouth. "I'm dying.."

Wednesday was right. She was right when she said Death was beautiful. Now that she was experiencing it first-hand, she didn't really fear it anymore. All she wished for was for it to hurt a little less. Enid laughed because she knew Wednesday would be disappointed that she couldn't watch her pass away. The blonde's vision went entirely white as the star's brightness engulfed her. Wednesday. She was standing there, her back facing Enid. ''You aren't disappointed in me, are you?'' There was silence for several seconds before the goth turned around, facing the blonde. As usual, she had a blank expression. Enid watched the goth extend her arm and held out an open hand for her to take. Enid could feel herself relax. She felt so warm. For once, Wednesday had a beautiful smile on her face.

Enid fixed her gaze. The happy face of the woman she had been seeing in her hallucinations earlier. That was Wednesday.. In the end, she proved to be the reason why that woman was content. Enid was happy. She felt like she wasn't the disappointment her mother always told her she was. She was deceived by this emotion. Enid held Wednesday's hand and the two began to walk in the endless pit of white light. Enid was happy for her pain to have ended but she noticed. She murmured as she stopped walking, "Why aren't you talking to me?'' After taking a few more steps, Wednesday came to a standstill. Enid heard it. Someone's screaming could be heard by her. Her gaze shifted to behind her. Her eyes widened. In Wednesday's arms, she lay there.. unconscious? The goth was screaming. Pleading with her to stay awake as she took her body. To stay with her.

It then clicked in her mind. If she went with this Wednesday.. she would die.. but if she went back, would she.. be able to live? Her heart pounded heavily. As she looked up at the fake Wednesday. She had a soft smile on her face as she stared at Enid. Enid realised that she didn't want to die yet. She wanted to live out her life with her lover and see what would happen. It only took four words from the fake's mouth to make her turn around and run desperately towards the real Wednesday.

''𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞..''

THE END