── prologue

IF SOMEONE WERE TO tell her that her new life in Seattle was going to be one filled with horror, heartbreaks and tragedies, she might not have taken the offer.

With an already concerning mental health and her unusual bait for misfortunes, Seattle Grace Hospital could be a place that would only bring her more harm and danger than she ever wished for.

Yet if the same someone told her that her life in Seattle would also consist of tight bonds and strong friendships, in where she would meet the people she cared about and who cared about her as well, she would reconsider her decision.

But if the world could present her with a short trailer of her upcoming years in Seattle, with all the mishaps and traumas weighed in along with the strong relationships, the offer she took would be worth it-because she would have met him.

He was the one person who stuck by her side even when her life was sinking deep into the ocean; he was the one to pull her back up to shore.

He was the one person who made her feel like maybe the world was not too bad of a place after all; he was the one that saved her from herself.

He was the one person who knew her better than anyone else just as she knew him; he was the one.

He was the greatest love of her life, and she was his.

❦ ❦ ❦

AFTER A LONG DAY of unusual patients, shaman, elevator surgery, mommy issues and relationship disasters, the five interns were exhausted. Alex had gone home while the other four stepped out of the hospital, on their way to Joe's bar.

"Hi, hey-sorry, uh..." A young brunette woman walked up to the four. "Do you know where I can find the Chief of Surgery?" she queried.

"Dr Webber?"

"Yes, I was told to look for him this evening before I start my internship tomorrow."

"You're the new intern?" George asked, and the brunette returned with a nod. "Oh, well," he reached out a hand. "I'm George O'Malley. We share a resident, Dr Bailey... but most call her the Nazi," he added the last part with a whisper.

The brunette shook his hand and exchanged brief introductions with Meredith, Cristina and Izzie. After receiving directions from George to the Chief of Surgery's office, as well as good luck wishes from the four, she stepped through the entrance of the hospital, the cool air hitting her cheeks.

The lobby was quiet, considering the time of day. There were still surgeons and nurses rushing from one wing to another.

It was awkward enough to be an intern, on their first day, in a new hospital. But to be one who joins the program months after it started? That was like the transfer student back in school where everyone tended to be extra interested in; a zoo animal, even.

Hell, she was the transfer intern.

She took a deep breath, then knocked on the office door.

"Come in."

Norah Lawrence, you're up.