05┃she had a feeling

S2 EP16&17

[CW: bomb *kabooom*]

"YOU GUYS ARE LATE," Norah stated as Cristina, George and Izzie walked out and met her and Alex at the ambulance bay. "You're never late," she pointed out.

"I had to, quite literally, kick Meredith out of her bed," Cristina replied with a huff, and George nodded.

"She had a feeling," added Izzie as she tied up her hair.

Norah and Alex had confused looks on their faces when the woman in question walked out of the ER doors. "Mer had a feeling that she might die," Cristina explained.

"Today," Meredith added grimly.

"Well, everyone dies, eventually. We're just... living our lives, counting down till the day we drop," Norah shrugged while tying the knot on her yellow gown. "What makes it brilliant, though, is that we're clueless of the length of our countdown... Kind of like flipping an hourglass, but someone could easily smash the hourglass and let all the sand out. And boom-you're lying in a box, six feet under."

The interns stared at her with a concerned look on their faces; even Meredith frowned. "What got you so dark and twisty today?" she asked, but Norah merely shrugged.

A prick of chills ran down her spine-one that she brushed off hastily.

"You have a feeling," the brunette stated, "Just try not to do anything stupid."

"We haven't had a decent resident this week," Cristina groaned, changing the subject.

"Oh, the last two weren't that bad."

"Doesn't matter which resident we get. They suck."

"They all sucked."

"Which surgeon are we having to suck up to today?" Cristina wondered, just as the ER doors opened again.

"That would be me." The six interns turned around, startled to see a very pregnant Bailey standing behind them with an unamused look on her face.

"I've been gone two weeks. Two weeks, and you ran off two residents?" she bellowed. The interns looked at each other, nobody speaking a word. "I've got people phoning me at home, screaming, telling me my interns are Rosemary's Babies."

The six of them looked slightly offended by that statement. "Nobody wants you. Do you think I have time for this?" Bailey continued, "I am pregnant. I'm supposed to be on bed rest. I'm supposed to be growing a human being. I'm supposed to be calm. Do I look calm to you? Did I raise you fools to be pariahs?"

Next to Norah, George pushed past Meredith and Izzie and walked straight up to Bailey. The pregnant resident stared at him, confused. Suddenly, he grabbed her into a tight hug. "You're back!"

"I'm not back."

"You're not?" George asked, tightening the hug.

"Get off me!"

He finally broke the hug and smiled at the other interns; Norah gave him a fist bump. They could hear the sound of sirens growing louder, which meant that an ambulance was approaching.

"Lawrence, Yang, Karev, Grey, stay here and wait for the incoming case," Bailey ordered, "O'Malley, page Addison Shepherd. Stevens, get a wheelchair."

Norah, Cristina, Alex and Meredith immediately moved to the incoming ambulance that pulled up at the bay. They opened the back of the vehicle's doors, only to be greeted by a lady screaming very powerfully, whose clothes and face was covered with blood spatters. A paramedic helped the lady down the ambulance, and Meredith took her into the hospital in hopes to calm down.