17┃ferryboat & timothy

S3 EP15, 16 & 17

[CW: blood, description of injuries, slight PTSD]

"TIMOTHY, WIPE THAT bloody look off your face," Norah snarled.

"Your fridge is fucking depressing," Timothy complained as he stared at the contents of the refrigerator, horrified. "Don't you ever go grocery shopping?"

"I'm a surgical intern, you sod. I quite literally eat hospital food for a living."

He took out the few ingredients from the fridge and laid them on the kitchen island while Norah watched him from the living room couch. "Well, I think I can muster something up," he said.

"Go for it."

❦ ❦ ❦

"I LIKE HAVING COMPANY. It keeps this place less quiet," Norah stated, "Hey, you should visit more often, you know? You're welcome to stay here anytime you want."

"I'll definitely keep that in mind," Timothy grinned. "You know, the first thing I noticed when I arrived in Seattle is the ferryboats," he spoke up from the kitchen as he washed the few utensils in the sink; Norah cocked a brow at him.

"We should take a trip," he suggested, "I bet you've never been on one either."

"Ferryboat?"

"Mm-hmm," he lifted his head to his sister, who was flipping through a medical journal. "Come on, Nor, how often do you get days off?"

Norah turned to him and thought dramatically, "Every time I got shot, a bomb goes off, or punched a co-worker in the face, apparently."

"That took quite a turn..." Timothy narrowed his eyes at her. "So, ferryboat, tomorrow?" he asked; he could see that she was hesitating, and he let out a sigh. "I'll pay."

"Oh, in that case, absolutely, then."

The doorbell rang, and the siblings turned their heads to the door.

Norah shrugged at her brother before she walked over and peeked through the peephole, then twisting the doorknob open; Cristina pushed through her and immediately slumped onto the couch, groaning loudly.

"You cannot believe my day-" she cut herself off when she saw an unfamiliar man standing there, smiling politely back at her. "Norah, why is there a man in your kitchen?"

"That's my brother, Timothy," she introduced as she closed the door of her apartment. "Tim, Cristina Yang, fellow intern from Seattle Grace." He gave her a wave and a notably awkward smile.

"Oh, he's cute and tall," Cristina commented. "What does he do?"

"He," Timothy spoke up, "is in his last year in med school."

"And smart," Cristina added. Norah rounded to the kitchen, where he had bent down and removed a smoking tray from the oven-the aroma that filled the house made her hungry.

"How'd you managed to bake that?" she questioned, clearly impressed with her brother's dinner; Timothy gave her a smug wink. The lasagna was quite a surprise to muster, considering the depressing amount of ingredients she had in her fridge.

"And he cooks!" Cristina added in awe. "Wow, where do you buy one of them?"

"Adoption centre, apparently," Norah shrugged.

"Similar to taking your pick with dogs in animal shelters," Timothy added.

Cristina was amused. "Does dark humour come with the package, too?"