67┃green stuff

S7 EP14

TIMOTHY WAS FLIPPING the omelettes on the pan in Callie and Arizona's apartment. Callie watched her girlfriend as she poured chunks of green... stuff into a glass.

"What is it?" she questioned, her face scrunched up and her eyes staring at the drink in disgust.

"It's a kale and apple juice smoothie," Arizona replied, placing the drink on the countertop, "It's time to think less about your cravings and more about filling that baby with nutrients, which that has."

Callie lifted the drink in front of her while she spectated the contents. "It also has chunks. I don't drink chunks," she complained, "Why can't Tim be the one making my morning smoothies today?"

"Because he's preparing breakfast for you and the baby," Arizona deadpanned, "Come on, you can't have him making you smoothies every morning."

"Actually, I don't mind," Timothy spoke up with a shrug, "But drink the smoothie, Callie. It's nutritious."

He had felt the mild hatred Arizona had towards him, and even though he understood that she was not the biggest fan of Callie getting pregnant with his kid, still, the kid is a part of him.

Yet he did not argue with them, though, knowing that co-parenting was not as easy as it sounded. Everyone just needed some mutual respect and tolerance.

The door to their apartment opened, and Mark walked in carrying an insulated tumbler in his hand. "So, Norah ditched me for Alzheimer's this morning," he muttered, "Ooh, is Tim here? The cooking smells great."

"Mark, tell the woman I'm allowed to drink one cup of regular coffee," Callie snapped her head to him, pleading for help.

"Sure you are," he answered with a shrug while walking over to the kitchen.

"Oh, wait, Mark," Arizona interjected, "Are you aware that there are studies that link caffeine with pre-term labor, low birth weight, and other birth defects?"

Mark narrowed his eyes at the green chunks of drink, hiding his disgusted face. "That goo looks great," he stated instead, "I say you stick with the goo."

Callie scoffed at them, "Okay, you three can't just dictate what I'm allowed to eat and drink."

"Nobody's dictating anything. But you're pregnant now, so things have to be different. You're gonna have to eat better and take it easier at work," Arizona reasoned before turning to the other two, "And well, if it helps, we'll give up caffeine, too."

"That helps no one."

"Well, how about we put it to a vote?" Mark suggested, and they nodded in agreement, "All in favour of Callie drinking coffee, raise your hand."

The pregnant woman raised her hand and scowled at the other three, who had their hands down.

"All in favour of the goo?"

Three arms shot in the air, and the pregnant woman let out a frustrated grunt.

"Goo, it is."

Timothy divided the omelettes into three servings, adding a pinch of spice on top of them. He whistled while placing the plates on the kitchen counter, passing the breakfast to the three attendings. "You didn't make one for yourself?" Mark asked the younger man.

"Well, the one in front of you is supposed to be mine, but I have to get to the hospital in ten, so you can have it," Timothy replied while he quickly washed off the pans and spatulas in the sink. "Oh, and Callie, if it really tastes too bad, we can freeze it into popsicles, might taste better."