43┃orange scrubs

S6 EP5

NORAH STIRRED ON MARK'S chest when the familiar sound rang. He quickly turned off the alarm set way early than usual, allowing her to snooze for a little bit longer. Listening to her light snores, he soon fell back to sleep, too.

Lub dub... lub du- BAM. BAM. BAM.

She shot up immediately upon hearing the loud pounding noises of their front door. "Sweetheart! We gotta go!" Cristina shouted from outside while she continued pounding on the door.

Norah snapped her head to the clock and gasped, her eyes wide. "You didn't bloody wake me?!" she questioned the man under her accusingly.

"Laurie, you don't have to-"

"No, no. I need to go in this early," she cut him off before he could finish his sentence, "The Mercy West lads and lass are coming today, and I'm not an attending like you, my love, I need to go in like-ten minutes ago!"

She scrambled out of bed and gathered her stuff insanely quickly while brushing her teeth. Mark lifted the comforter over his head, grumbling to himself at the clump of cells of adrenaline he had for a girlfriend.

He heard the door opening and lowered the comforter again. "I love y-"

The door slammed shut before he could even finish.

A few seconds later, Norah opened the door and peeked in. "Love you more, even if you're a jerk who did not wake me up," she grinned before slamming the door shut after her again.

Mark flipped over and buried his face into her pillow, letting out a long sigh. Oh, what a great start to a day.

❦ ❦ ❦

THE RESIDENTS' LOCKER room was swamped with orange scrubs that Norah just had to admit that it looked horrid.

The light blue scrubs sat among them, looking at each other in fear of the invasion. Like bacteria, like infection, like contamination.

The packed locker room did not make Norah comfortable at all.

She saw a red-haired woman with a pixie cut putting her bag into the cubby next to hers, and before she could interject, Izzie had spoken. "Oh, hey. You can't put that in there," the blonde told the redhead.

"Oh, they told us to grab a cubby," the latter shrugged, barely spared her a glance.

"Yeah, I know. It's just... We keep it empty for a reason," Izzie tried to explain, "Can you just take your stuff out? There are some empty ones over there you can use."

"I don't think so," the redhead replied, turning back to the cubby.

"I said take it out," Izzie stated, her tone more harshly.

"Great. I got the crazy one over here," the redhead laughed to her friend next to her. Norah did not like her tone at all-it reminded her of post-Denny Izzie, which made her blood boil.

"Oh, you want to fight?" Izzie scoffed as she pushed herself up from the bench, "'Cause I will."

"Izzie-" Alex tried to pull her back, but the blonde was charging straight to the smaller one. Norah watched the drama unfold, considerably amused herself.

"I will fight you! You're pretty tiny. I could take you down in just a couple of seconds!" Izzie challenged, but Alex had pulled her away from the bitchy-looking redhead.

Norah sighed to herself as she walked over, shoving her bag into the cubby next to the Mercy Wester. "Look, that cubby you're taking?" she pointed at George's old cubby, "The last owner of it got hit by a bus. And the one before that died in an explosion. Rumour was, whoever occupies it will die a tragic death."