74┃peace and comfort

S8 EP7

"KAREV, THROW THE BALL!"

Alex flung the softball back towards the base; the ball soared in the sky before it got caught in Timothy's glove. With a swing of the waist, he pitched the ball towards Arizona, who shrieked and jumped aside, causing the ball to crash onto the chain-link gates.

"Timothy!"

"Robbins, don't be afraid of it," Owen voiced out.

Arizona stumbled and fell while trying to pick up the ball on the ground, causing Norah to burst out in laughter while sitting in the audience stand.

"Well, it flew at my head," Arizona snapped back at him.

Norah squinted as she watched a lanky man in a yellow Seattle Presbyterian jersey approach Timothy with an impressed grin on his face. He smirked smugly back at the opponent team player, mumbling some words.

"Who is that?" Teddy questioned with narrowed eyes as the younger Lawrence tossed the ball towards the centre of the field.

"Oh, Julian Kane... or Kent," Arizona replied. "He's an ophthalmologist from Seattle Pres."

Out of the corner of her eye, Norah swore she caught a glimpse of Lexie frowning at the pair.

Mark jogged up to her from the outfield and dropped himself down on the bench. She handed him a cold bottle of water while he wiped the sweat off his head. When he tried to lean in for a kiss, he was instead greeted by her hand on his chest, pushing him back harshly.

"Get off me. You're sweaty," she complained, and he shot her an unamused look.

He ended up sighing and gulping down the icy water. He followed her gaze that was directed at her brother, who was starting to chat up with the ophthalmologist.

"Tim and that one? If they do miraculously work something out, they'll last 48 hours, max."

"Yeah?" she quirked a brow at him, "Tell that to the other person staring at them."

He snorted before leaning down to her tummy, pressing a kiss on top of it. "How's Mark Jr. doing?"

Norah immediately knitted her brows closely at that. "Mark Jr.?"

"Just testing... No?" he asked with a tight-lipped smile.

She shook her head, shooting down his idea. "If it's a boy, we are not naming our kid Mark, Mark."

He nodded in defeat before shifting closer to her. "What about Laurie for a girl? I have a good feeling that we'll have a girl," he muttered, but he soon narrowed his eyes at the look on her face.

Norah gritted her teeth as she debated on whether or not to confess. In the end, she gave in and admitted, "Laurie is my name, love. Mine."

He burst out in wheezes, "Aw, you're jealous!"

❦ ❦ ❦

DEREK INSERTED THE probe into the brain model that was connected to a computer, displaying the MR Guidance System. Norah and Lexie sat next to each other as they watched the screen, the former wincing slightly when the probe hit the wrong spot.

"How about now? Any lights?"

"Supplemental motor area," Norah hummed as she propped up her head on her elbow.

Derek sighed, "Great. I just paralyzed the whole left side."

"So she's completely paralyzed," Lexie corrected the attending, who looked back at her confusedly.