14┃red

S3 EP9

[TW: panic attacks/PTSD, blood, flashbacks]

NORAH OPENED HER FRIDGE in an attempt to make herself breakfast, but there were only some eggs and a few leafy greens-the contents of her refrigerator looked discouraging.

A thought of fish and chips crossed her mind as a dinner menu. She looked at her watch, debating whether or not to stop by the market before heading to the hospital, but eventually decided against it.

She sighed as she drove to the hospital, not quite in the right mood due to the trouble of sleeping the night before. Ever since the recall of the incident during the M&M, her sleeping schedule worsened. One single question stuck in her mind: Why can't I remember what happened that night?

Walking out of the locker room, her pager went off, as well as a few others behind her. Oh, it has to be a big trauma case, she thought to herself and immediately rushed to the ER, wasting no time in tying her hair up while her legs guided her to her destination.

"What happened?" Alex queried.

"Driver lost control of his car, plowed through the fish market at the wharf," Bailey notified, "At least a dozen injuries."

"Fish market?" Norah's eyes widened, "I was about to head to the fish market this morning before coming here..."

Alex frowned at her. "Dude, that's sick," he commented. "It's like you have... bad omen or something."

"Thanks, Alex. Really bloody helpful," she replied sarcastically.

"You better thank the gods that you weren't there then, Lawrence," Bailey stated. "I need all hands on deck!"

The ER was, in fact, a mess. Patients were constantly getting wheeled in from the ambulance bay, the gurneys filling the ER; people were covered in blood, freshly bandaged injuries, and moaning in pain while the doctors and nurses worked together to help them.

Bailey started shouting orders to her interns, who nodded and immediately scattered away in different directions. "Lawrence, get me a stretcher now!"

Norah's head snapped towards the source of the sound, where a girl covered in glass shards and blood had just collapsed into Addison's arms. Bloody wonderful, she thought, literally.

❦ ❦ ❦

NORAH AND ALEX SAT opposite each other while they removed the small pieces of glass from each side of the girl's legs. She held the tweezers in her hand and carefully picked up the glass shard, discarding it onto the gauze on her other hand. He was groaning and complaining about his side of the patient's leg, which contained tiny fragments of glass that needed removal.

"Awesome cuts," Alex commented.

"I flew through a window," the girl huffed. "I flew."

"Poor window," Norah mumbled.

"Karev. Lawrence," Addison warned, giving both interns a look.

"Stop man-handling my interns. That's my job," Mark stated as he walked over to them, putting on a pair of gloves. "One who's sucking up to me for surgeries, and the other with great potential but is tossing it away. This will be fun." Norah shot him a glare.

"Can you tell me your name?"

"Janelle Duco," she replied. As Addison walked away from the three of them, Janelle spoke again faintly, "Mr Dickerson is such a nice man... I hope he didn't kill my baby."