03┃wrongs

S2 EP10&11

[CW: mention of blades]

MEREDITH WAS IN A patients' room with Steve, her one night stand from the night before. Alex was in an on-call room with a nurse, Olivia. George was roaming the halls. Izzie was with Addison, checking on Dorie Russell, the soon-to-be mother of quintuplets. Cristina was with Burke in her apartment.

Norah had her head rested on her arms folded on the table in the cafeteria.

The dimly lit place consisted of only a few people, families of patients waiting on news on their loved ones. She was sleeping soundly when the chair opposite hers scraped against the floor; the ear-piercing metal sound woke her up from her nap.

With her eyelids still heavy, she lifted her head to see a certain neurosurgeon sitting on the chair, sliding a cup of coffee to her. "How good of a listener are you?"

"Well, you're here, isn't that saying something?" she raised a brow at him, sipping on the coffee as she leaned back against her chair. "Mm, this is exactly what I needed... How do you remember my coffee order?"

"Bone dry cappuccino, double or even triple, depending on the time of the day," Derek recited. "I uh... knew someone with a similar order," he frowned and sighed, "I have a problem. I need to vent."

"If this is your idea of a bribe," Norah spoke, nudging her head towards the coffee, "It's working. Go on."

"Addison's staying," he started, "She signed a contract with Webber this morning."

"Okay...? So, should we be happy about this?" she queried, gesturing between the two of them.

Derek stared at her for a while before letting out a long sigh. "I don't know-that's the problem."

She furrowed her brows at the conflicted look on his face. "Do you well... want her to stay?"

"She's my wife."

"On paper-just saying," Norah defended herself quickly when Derek gave her a sour look. "And your response isn't answering my question."

"I don't know, Lawrence..." he shook his head, "I just don't know."

Norah was about to speak again when her pager went off in the quiet cafeteria. Derek's pager went off too.

911 - OR 1 - RUSSELL, D.

"The quints," she noted, getting up from her seat. "I was just enjoying this coffee..."

❦ ❦ ❦

THE QUINTUPLETS WERE delivered successfully in the busy but well-coordinated OR. They currently lay in the NICU, being watched over by the interns.

Izzie had found out that Alex-with whom she had something going on-slept with Olivia in an on-call room before Dorie's surgery. It was not a surprise that she had practically thrown him out of the quintuplets' room.

"He is unbelievable. I am so glad I never slept with him," Izzie ranted, "Which is his loss because I'm really good in bed. Mind-blowing... Mind-blowingly good in bed."

"Are you trying to seduce us?" Cristina asked.

"Not really working, honestly," Norah added, checking on Kate's vitals while the other interns held back a snort.

"And then he sleeps with Olivia instead of me," Izzie scoffed. "Olivia."

"Hey, I slept with Olivia," George piped it with a frown on his face.