64┃just right

S7 EP9

HIS TOUCH SENT SPARKS throughout her body as his fingertips traced along her arm; slowly, softly, until he intertwined his fingers from the back of her palm.

The air was chilly and the sheets were rumpled by their grasps. The long trail of kisses up her spine only made her bury her face deep into the pillow as her voice muffled into it. And when he reached the sweet spot that he was so familiar with, he nibbled on it, watching her wriggle under him while his smirk grew.

Her neck was wet with kisses-his kisses; his and only his.

When their lips connected, it was bliss. The fluttery down their stomachs like it was their first; the lightness up their heads like they were above the clouds. He held her neck the way she loved and she tugged his hair the way it made him groan.

"Oh god, Mark..."

"Mm... I always have loved the way my name rolls out your tongue."

NORAH INHALED SHARPLY as she nearly fell off her bed when her alarm blared next to her ear. Her eyes flew open and she reached to slap the clock, only to actually fall off the mattress and land on her front. She picked herself up from the carpeted floor with only three words in her mind:

What the fuck?

She grabbed her towel down from the back of the door before swinging it open, only to be greeted by the glaring ceiling lights and Derek who raised a brow at her. "You look like hell."

Uh, no, I haven't been through hell, so...

"I feel like hell," she yawned, rubbing her puffy eyes, "But in this state, I can't really say I look hot."

"I got the Philips grant, by the way," he announced and her eyes went wide, "For the Alzheimer's trial."

"Holy crap-congrats!" she spoke while closing the door behind her, staring at the proud but tired grin on his face. "I'd hug you right now, but uh... I might end up falling asleep on your shoulder."

He chuckled, "Go get ready for your night shift. Don't kill anyone."

"Psh, have some faith in me, Derek."

"You look like a zombie right now, so I'll stick with 'don't kill anyone'."

❦ ❦ ❦

NORAH, JACKSON, APRIL, Alex, Lexie and Meredith headed into the hospital together. The night in the hospital was not as loud as the day and they were quiet from their still sleepy selves while they stood in the elevator.

The group of residents walked towards the group of attendings who were waiting for them; some blinking their eyes open while others stifling back a yawn. Norah felt like she was jolted awake at once upon seeing Mark who was frowning at the group.

"Did you just yawn? Was that a yawn?" he questioned April who quickly covered her mouth as the tears pricked her eyes.

"Don't tell us that you're tired after getting to sleep all day," Teddy deadpanned.

"It's not as easy as it sounds," April reasoned.

"Not easy? Not-" Bailey scoffed at her and she quickly shut her mouth. "When I was a resident, I actually worked for a living. I did every other night call for five years." The residents silently groaned to themselves at the attending's bragging.

Mark handed the cup of coffee to Norah who accepted it with a soft 'thank you' and a grateful smile on her face. The attendings and residents raised their brows at their brief interaction; Callie smirked at the both of them.