70┃human incubator

S7 EP19

SOFIA ROBBIN LAWRENCE TORRES

1 WEEK, 1 LB, 1 OZ

NORAH SKIPPED INTO Callie's patient room with Mark tagging along behind her. "Morning, Callie. Baby report!" she announced and waved her phone in the air.

"Oh, gimme, gimme, gimme-!"

"She's moving her arm like she's waving," Norah pointed out as the video played on her phone. The sound of Timothy's delighted squeals could be heard throughout the video, followed by his cooing voice. "She still hasn't opened her eyes, but she only stopped breathing once last night."

"And get this..." Mark prefaced, and Callie took her eyes off the phone screen momentarily. "Her brain bleed's still grade one."

She gasped and stared back at the paused video with an awestricken look striking on her face. "Good girl! She looks bigger," she chimed with the broadest grin on her face, before furrowing her brows, "Is she bigger?"

Bailey chuckled lightly, shaking her head. "Alright. Some of us are still working," she stated before moving the couple away from the room.

Cristina quirked a brow at the brunette as her eyes drifted down to the latter's stomach. A smirk played on her mouth knowingly when Norah gave her a quick high-five before darting out of the room. She shook her head at the other's uplifted mood.

Cristina always knows.

When they left the room, Mark stole a kiss before planting a few on her neck. "Hey, did you know that I'm your niece's godfather?" he asked excitedly, and she shook her head at him, bringing his face to the front. "Wanna get some coffee?"

Yes, I want to, so badly, but I can't.

"I already chugged one this morning, and I have trial patients to get to," Norah replied instead, which, of course, was not true. She did swear to herself to reduce her caffeine intake... depending on how long that pledge was to last.

"Hm... Alright, then. I love you!"

"I love you more."

Mark took a few steps in the other direction before turning back, quickening his pace back to her side. "You're Sofia's aunt, and I'm godfather!" he spoke as if it was new information to him, "How great is that?!"

Norah snorted, shaking her head at his radiant self, beaming from ear to ear. A part of her melted at the sight of him.

Ah, just wait, love, just wait.

❦ ❦ ❦

IT WAS YET ANOTHER day of the Alzheimer's clinical trial, which meant another day of hope and despair, yet Norah felt more uplifted than usual.

She was in a better mood than when she was on antidepressants-which she had almost cut off her entire usage after agreeing to attend extra therapy sessions instead; her psychiatrist was definitely not pleased with her announcement.

"Pulse is 102," Norah notified the odd rise in the patient's heart rate.

Derek narrowed his eyes before moving to the patient. "Are you nervous, Ed?"

"Yeah, it's kinda like going to the dentist, only worse," the patient replied with a small cackle.

"Well, this is gonna be over before you even know it starts," Derek reassured him with a nod. The nurse entered the OR with the sealed packet in her hand, ready for further instructions. "Dr Grey is gonna do the drill now. You're not gonna feel anything, though."