48┃i'm sorry

S6 EP12

NORAH PASSED BY CRISTINA at the hallway; the latter looked panicky and about to crap herself. The brunette furrowed her brows concernedly-Cristina Yang never panics.

Dragging her in one arm and Meredith in another, she shoved all three of them in an empty room and shut the door behind them.

"Cristina, you're about to explode, so, speak."

The resident did not even wait to take a breath in before her words flowed out, "Teddy-turns out she loves Owen and thought she came here to be all, you know, 'Teddy and Owen', but there's me. And now she's all pain and threatening to leave, and so I told her she could have him."

Meredith and Norah both did a double-take, and their eyes widened at her words. "What?" they chorused.

"She's an amazing teacher, and I'm, you know, I'm happy again, and I'm... I'm in the OR," Cristina breathed out. "And I'm feeling like myself and... and I... And, of course, I didn't mean it. I mean, I love Owen. I-I love him. But that means that I don't get to have her. So..." she stuttered, racking her brains, "Maybe I meant it?"

Meredith blinked at her crisis before exhaling. "Okay, here's the thing... You can't talk like this."

"Yeah, you can't, not at all," Norah agreed. "It's like broadcasting that a baby's ugly. I mean, you and I might do it, but normal, sane people wouldn't. Know what I mean?"

"I... might've lost you at ugly baby," Cristina admitted, and the two other residents sighed.

"The baby. It's ugly. The parents know it, you know it, everybody knows it, but you don't talk about it," Meredith further explained, and Cristina finally nodded.

"Okay, but... but you're saying surgery, right?" the latter questioned the both of them, "Gun to your head, you would choose surgery over Derek and Mark?"

"I am saying don't talk about this. And don't talk about it to Owen," Meredith concluded firmly.

Cristina nodded before turning her head to the brunette resident. "What about you? What happened to you? Sloan went back with Sloan last night, and he slammed the door really hard, so what's going on there?"

Norah shook her head with her hands on her hips. "Ass-Sloan in question asked daughter-Sloan to live with him-or us, in that matter-and raise her baby with us, without asking for my opinion beforehand."

The other two widened their eyes at her while their voices halted at the back of their mouths. The brunette sighed heavily, "Yes, that's my exact reaction."

"Dump him," Cristina stated firmly, and Meredith snapped her head to the former.

"That's... no. I am pissed at him right now, but... no," Norah furrowed her brows, "I mean, it's like... he had no care whether I want this or not. I love him, but I really don't fancy the idea of raising his grandson along with his daughter who suddenly barged into our lives."

"Where is he now?" Meredith queried.

"L.A.," Norah answered with a long sigh. "I told him to get Addison to save the baby. And I left a note to him to have a safe flight because that's what someone who cares does."

"You left him a note?"

"Oh, come on, it's reasonable from me!"

Cristina took a step forward and patted the brunette on the back. "Sweetheart, gun to the head, please tell me you'd choose surgery over Mark."