72┃mishaps following another

THE APARTMENT WAS buzzing with chats and laughs from the living room and the spare room, which was in the process of being turned into a nursery.

Mark had got Derek, Timothy, and Jackson over to help with the room; Norah invited Meredith, Cristina, Lexie, April, and Alex for company, though the latter had received scowls from the other men for sitting and drinking in the living room instead of helping out.

"Sometimes, I dislike being pregnant," Norah sighed, and the rest of them raised a brow at her.

"Why?" April asked, "I mean, you're bringing a life into the world."

"I miss alcohol," the brunette pouted, eyeing the bottles of beers the others were holding. They snickered, and each took a swing, leaving the pregnant woman to glare at them.

They heard a loud thud from the room followed by a crack of laughs, and all of them turned their heads to the source of sound curiously. Timothy hissed as he walked towards the kitchen, rubbing his back.

"What happened?" Meredith asked the younger man.

"The step stool is not fucking sturdy, and none of those jerks even attempted to break my fall," Timothy ranted with a sigh as he put an ice pack over his head, "I was trying to paint the ceiling."

Norah perked up from the couch. "Ooh, hey, I want glow-in-the-dark stars on the ceiling!" she suggested, and her brother frowned at her.

"Nor, I love you a lot, but your baby daddy can't hold a fucking stool steady," he deadpanned, and the group of residents snorted. "So if you want stars on the ceiling..." he trailed off when she shot him an unamused glare, and he caved with a sigh, "...fine, you'll get it."

"I'm concerned for your nursery," Lexie spoke up, eyeing the room where heated discussions were happening.

Cristina snorted and shook her head, "I am more concerned for those men working on your nursery."

Norah sent her a look, but she silently agreed on the inside. She hurled a pillow at Alex when he tried to reach for the jar of cookies-her jar of cookies-on the table. He scowled at her but knew better than to anger a pregnant woman.

Mark exhaled heavily as he walked out of what felt like a battlefield, making his way to the living room. Norah quirked a brow at him, but he placed a kiss on her neck, resting his chin on her shoulder.

"I love it, you know?" she whispered to him, "Us, them, everyone here... I might not have a special someone who I'm especially close with, but everyone here has a place in my heart."

"Mm... What about me?" he asked, tilting his head to her.

She chuckled before pecking him on the lips. "You, my love, you own this heart."

❦ ❦ ❦

S7 EP22

NORAH STOOD NEXT TO Timothy at the nurses' station while she snacked on the container of fruits he had brought for her. She caught him, yet again, staring at the resident across the station, and she let out a heavy sigh.

She shoved a grape into his mouth, which made him turn to her with furrowed brows. "You might've failed to notice, but Jackson's glaring at you," she passed along, shaking her head, "You're not over her."

"I'm not, no," he admitted, "But she's... She looks happy, you know?"

"So you're distracting your sadness by making me a luxuriously nutritious breakfast every morning?" she quirked a brow at him, and he nodded guiltily with the same cheeky grin on his face.