49┃valentine's day

S6 EP14

THE HOSPITAL WAS FAIRLY quiet compared to other days. Many hospital staff had opted for a day off to spend time with their loved ones.

Norah was in surgery with Derek, who operated on a ruptured aneurysm to start their morning; Mark was stalking the quiet halls searching for someone.

"Hey, Tim!" he approached the resident before the latter twisted the handle of an on-call room.

"Dr Sloan."

"I, uh... You know..." Mark stammered while Timothy raised a brow at him. "What are you, um, doing for Lexie... today?" he blurted out his question.

Timothy blinked at him with a smirk on his face. "Norah," he stated clearly, and Mark smiled back to him awkwardly, "hates Christmases, let alone Valentine's Day." The resident folded his arms above his chest.

"She prefers chocolates over flowers, gestures over gifts, home cook over fancy dinners... don't even get me started on big surprises, she fucking hates those," he listed out, and the attending stared at him, surprised. "Oh, you have no idea how much she fucking ranted to me about her failed dates when we were younger."

Mark cleared his throat with his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "So, you're saying that I..."

"Look, man, Nor's a fucking picky person, so you're already lucky enough," Timothy chuckled before his face dropped into a scowl. "Now, if you'll excuse me, my girlfriend is waiting for me behind this door."

"Oh. Yes, sure-sorry. T-Thanks, by the way."

"Mark, just be yourself. Don't overthink it."

❦ ❦ ❦

NORAH HAD SWORN TO bleach her eyes when she walked in on Kirian and Jace... again.

She was spinning on a chair at the nurses' station in the NICU with her eyes shut to rest them. The quietness soothed her for a moment before she was interrupted by her chair coming to a halt abruptly.

Her hand immediately went to grab the armrest but was met with warm skin instead. Mark stood in front of her with a smirk; both his hands rested on either side of the chair. Norah grinned at the sight of him.

"I almost flew off," she stated.

"Oh, don't be dramatic," he mumbled, placing a kiss on the side of her neck.

"Says the dramatic one."

She moved his head from her side to her front, meeting his lips with hers. Their kiss quickly grew heated when his hand moved to cup her cheek, and hers tugged against the collar of his scrub top.

"This is a bad idea, love. We're in the NICU," she mumbled, but her hand remained at its place.

"I'd bend you over the desk."

"We're gonna disturb the pocket-sized humans."

"Who cares?"

"I do. I care," Arizona snapped at them, and they pulled back at once. Their smiles failed to keep hidden on their faces. The Pediatrics attending sighed at them, with Callie smirking next to her.

"You two, go find yourself a room or something, don't traumatise my tiny humans."

All four of their pagers went off.

"More than a dozen traumas are coming in," Callie notified with a frown.

"On Valentine's Day? We're gonna be filled with traumas the whole night, aye?" Norah's eyes glowed as she got up from the chair, not noticing Mark, who dropped his head in frustration next to her.