61┃still loves you

S7 EP4

NORAH, LEXIE, ALEX, APRIL, and Jackson were all in the bathroom in Meredith's house as they prepared for their morning.

Lexie had moved into Meredith's house again after breaking up with Timothy. Though Norah did not know about the exact details, she did not pry. It was not her place to pry.

All she knew was that there were now two pairs of what seemed like a perfect relationship, shredded into pieces.

Guess the two Lawrences were in their fair share of relationship disasters, huh?

The bathroom was packed and the sound of a hair-dryer was drowning off the running water in the shower. Different colour towels were hung on nearly every wall available, and the mat was soaked from the residents who took turns showering.

Alex nudged April aside as he took a look at the mirror; the latter scowling at him before she continued brushing her hair. Jackson slid the shower door open partially as he peeked his head out.

"Towel?" he asked in a louder voice over Norah's hair-dryer noise; April quickly looked away from his naked figure behind the translucent glass.

She leaned over to grab the towel, accidentally bumping into Lexie who was shaving her legs. The latter let out a wince of pain when she accidentally cut herself; the former quickly apologised before passing the towel to the man in the shower.

"Nice arse, Avery," Norah muttered.

"Thanks," he nodded, "But the sports bra... really?"

"You have no boobs to know that it's comfy."

"No, not that, I mean-neon yellow?"

"Hm... I guess you've got a point."

Meredith and Derek walked towards the bathroom that looked more like a frat party; the former was smiling at the sight whereas the latter looked troubled.

"You know this isn't normal?" he asked his wife who grinned back at him, a motherly smile spread across her face when she looked back at her friends.

❦ ❦ ❦

THE ELEVATOR WAS EMPTY when Norah walked into it from the fifth floor. She leaned against the wall and shut her eyes to rest them while listening to the soft music through her earphones.

When the doors opened again on the next floor, her eyes flew open sharply after recognising the familiar scent; Mark stepped into the elevator with his hands in his pockets, furrowing his brows at the sight of her.

The last time they actually talked-other than the encounter with Amelia Shepherd-was the night of Cristina and Owen's wedding.

"Norah, I still love you," he blurted out without hesitation.

However, she froze upon his words. It was not because of the feeling of surprise-there was no surprise-but it was the familiarity that made her goosebumps raise.

The same tone when they were practically living as one, when the only thing they needed in the world was each other. All the nights they spent and the words they exchanged, kisses they shared and hugs they held; it was as though she could feel him on her all over again-

Hell, she missed it.

But before she could reply, they were called over as the wedding was about to start.

Mark shook his head with a sigh before lifting his eyes back to her. There was nothing more he wanted than for her to be in his arms again, but he also knew that she needed to put herself before others.