83┃please be alive

THE PLANE HAD WENT bumpy for the second time now, and those who were sleeping had all stirred awake.

Lexie still had her head on Timothy's shoulder; Norah still had one side of Mark's arms hugging in hers.

"Hey, man, what's going on?" Mark raised his voice, hoping that the person piloting the plane would provide them with a reply.

After a smooth five minutes, the seatbelt sign above their heads dimmed off. A sound clicked at the back of the plane. Norah turned her head only to see her brother standing up from his seat, grabbing the headrest of the seats to hold himself steady.

"Tim, what the hell are you doing?" she bellowed. "Go sit back down!"

"It's a fucking turbulence, Nor, and the seatbelt light's off," he replied dully. "I'm just gonna make sure that the pilot isn't dead or something."

"Not funny."

"Never said it was."

She let out a scoff before sinking back into her seat. "Fucking turbulence," she muttered under her breath. She inhaled sharply when the plane started to bump again, her grip around his arm tightened; Mark held her closer to him, squeezing her leg reassuringly.

Unfortunately, reassurance did not last long.

At the fourth bump-it was no longer a bump. The plane was descending at an alarming rate, sending the eight surgeons to float up under the seatbelts.

Before Norah could shriek at the sound of a loud thud, followed by a loud yell, one side of the plane got ripped apart-her side of the plane got ripped apart.

At the next second, as though she felt like she had travelled into outer space, she got sucked out of her seat. Within a blink, Mark's arm was gone from her hold, and she was following the metal walls, gliding through the trees.

All she could remember was her sight filled with green-before everything went black.

She could not even hear his scream.

🛩️💥🔥

"FUCKING HELL," TIMOTHY coughed from the smoke he inhaled, dragging himself up from his place near the engine.

Near the what now?

He squinted at the engine fan that was still spinning-barely-but it still turned with a smear of bright orange flames on it. There was a wheel not far above his head-the large wheel of an aeroplane.

Plane crash? Fucking plane crash?

"Le-Lexie? Lex?"

He staggered on his steps as he tried maintaining his balance. His head felt dizzy, and his vision was just as messed up as it could get. He could hazily recall what felt like mere minutes ago, where he got thrown off his feet on the plane and... Did I hit my head? Fuck.

The question was thrown away to the least of his worries when he heard the sound of metals hitting against each other.

CLANG-CLANG-CLANG-

The noise sent a throbbing pain in his head-

"H-Help... Help..."

-but the familiarity of the voice raised goosebumps throughout his body. He felt as though his entire body went stiff, and a sense of horror crept up the back of his neck. "L-Lexie...?"

He wasted no time hurrying towards the source of the sound, even though his head was close to killing him. He did not care about himself, never; he was not one to put himself in front of others.