62┃unspoken words

S7 EP6

THE CAMERA ZOOMED IN into three surgeons in light blue scrubs gathering by the nurses' station with wide smiles on their faces. One of the residents had just placed down the phone at the station and gave the other two high-fives.

DR HONORAH LAWRENCE

Surgical Resident

DR NINA LEE

Surgical Resident

DR KIRIAN ROOK

Surgical Resident

"We had contacted Zachary that there are arms available for him!" Norah shared excitedly, "They'll be here in less than an hour."

"We will be witnessing a medical history here," Nina added as she put her pen back into the pocket of her white coat.

Kirian rounded the nurses' station before pointing at the camera. "And you will be here to witness it all," he grinned before walking away, the view of the camera followed him until he took a right turn down the hall.

Dr Rook is one of the staff who was shot, taking the bullet that was aiming for Dr Lawrence. Dr Lawrence and Dr Lee had been there for the immediate care of Dr Rook and Dr Thompson. Dr Thompson was one of the eleven deceased staff.

The camera cut to the three residents sitting loosely next to each other in a conference room where they were being interviewed.

"Well, um... why had I taken the bullet for Dr Lawrence? I wouldn't phrase it that way because that would sound heroic. I don't feel heroic, more... idiotic, to be honest... but I don't regret my decision," Kirian stated as he scratched his head.

"I'd call his actions brave... but idiotic, yes, very," Norah chuckled lightly next to him. "Not that I'm saying I'd like to be shot, because I had been shot before but... that's not relevant today. Uh..."

Nina interjected when Norah trailed off in loss of words. "I was in the supply closet when I heard a loud gunshot outside... the doorknob rattled but I didn't open it, not immediately, at least... because I was afraid that it was the gunman," she shared, "But when I did open it, it was Jace-Dr Thompson, who was... yeah."

"The uh... shooting, affected us-affected everyone-in different ways, and I lost someone who meant um, very, very much to me that day... who died right next to me," Kirian muttered, "So, that's... that's something, I suppose..."

THE CAMERA ZOOMED OUT when the elevator doors opened, inside stood Timothy who jumped slightly when he saw the large camera filming him and the microphone that was dangling above it.

DR TIMOTHY LAWRENCE

Surgical Resident

"*Bleep bleep*, please don't *bleep* do that," he panted as he walked out of the elevator. The camera crew followed him as he made his way down the hall.

Dr Lawrence was shot in an elevator after witnessing Dr Adamson being killed in front of him.

The camera cut to Timothy sitting alone in a conference room, rubbing his neck awkwardly.

"Being shot was one thing, but being shot while not knowing whether you'll be found before you bleed out? That's, um, that messes with your head," he admitted to the camera while avoiding direct gaze with it. "A-and it was me and my girlfriend's one-year anniversary that day... well, ex... Just-not the best *bleep* date idea, you know?"