57┃let me go

[CW: gunshot, deaths, blood, description of injuries, PTSD]

S6 EP24

LEXIE BURST INTO THE room, letting out a relieved breath when she saw that Timothy was still alive. She quickly passed the blood bags to Mark who immediately hooked them up to the paling man, transfusing the blood into him.

"N-Norah was... in the blood bank," Lexie spoke up and Mark snapped his head to her, "S-She's... She's okay."

He let out a shaky breath, relieved that Norah was alive, but furrowed his brows at the stammering resident's words. "She said that she's okay?" he asked and she nodded, "Grey, does she know about Tim?"

Lexie nodded again.

Mark shook his head with a light scoff, the concern washing in his veins had only grown denser. "She's lying," he mumbled and drew in a deep breath. "She's not okay at all."

❦ ❦ ❦

IF THERE WAS A PRIZE FOR the most idiotic act in human existence, Norah would want to skip the nominations and have the golden trophy to be handed straight to her.

She was taunting a literal gunman; her expression remained calm. How did she manage to compose herself was a question she would very much like an answer to, too.

Gary Clark's eyes were filled with rage and fury, yet he was hesitating. Was he?

He could have shot her right after her words but he did not. She wondered how many bullets were left in the magazine, how many innocent lives he had taken, and most importantly-how he shoot her little brother.

"I am not a killer."

She took a deep breath in. "You're sad, and you're seeking revenge right?" she prefaced, "By murdering innocents-you're a murderer. How would your wife think of you now?"

"You do not talk about her or I'll-"

"32 years of marriage, right?" she continued despite the flames in his eyes. "How proud would she be if she was looking over you from up there now?" she questioned, pointing towards the sky, "Could you even picture a proud look on Allison's face? Or would you only see disappointment?"

She knew she was going to die and now was the time.

A loud bang rang through her ears-

Yet she remained standing, the man opposite her had fallen instead. She covered her hand over her mouth, trembling in fear when the SWAT team member gestured her away. Instead of heading to them, she ran for the bags of blood she had left on the floor before sprinting to the supply closet.

Her heart was hammering against her ribcage. What in the actual fuck were you thinking, Norah?

She would very much like her golden trophy to be handed to her right about now. The thumping and small squeaking on her shoes against the floor echoed in the hallway as she raced against time.

She finally reached the supply closet with a bloodied handle. But when she slammed open the door and heard a soft sob coming from inside, the chills down her back was frozen, colder than ice.

No.

"No, no, no, no..." she repeated in a whisper as she rounded the corner to where the two men were lying. Nina was quietly sobbing next to Kirian who was shivering.

Jace Thompson was... pale.

His eyes were shut with some blood over his eyelids; someone had closed them for him. His hand linked with his boyfriend's, Kirian's hand shivering as he grasped onto the fingers that no longer gripped his.