69┃i'm going to kill him

S7 EP18

WALKING TOWARDS HER brother at the cafeteria, Norah felt queasy after having to retch out her breakfast, right after receiving the news. Timothy raised a brow at the lack of colour on her face, a pit of worry growing within him.

"What happened to you?" he asked but was met by a response he did not fancy.

The look behind her eyes was not fear nor horror, at least not directed to herself; he saw dread and pity behind her hazel eyes, which made the pit in his stomach redirect towards himself.

"Nor...? What-"

"C-Callie's six minutes out."

She watched the paleness struck his face; he felt the hair on every square inch of his skin stand. Within a single heartbeat, he sprinted out of the cafeteria, ignoring the yells and shouts of the people he had bumped into.

Norah took a deep breath before hurrying after him. Her concern grew for her brother, Callie, and her unborn niece or nephew.

Everything will be okay.

❦ ❦ ❦

TIMOTHY PUSHED THROUGH the ER doors where the surgeons of every department were waiting anxiously. They turned their heads to him in unison, and he felt sick of the stares.

It felt like the aftermath of the shooting all over again. Cameras and people's eyes, all directed towards him because he survived. It made his hair stand, not that it mattered at that moment.

"What the fuck do you guys know?" he demanded, looking frantically at every one of them.

"Car versus truck, that's all we know," Webber informed, his voice was hesitant-never a good sign.

The resident felt his whole body draining of life. "A-Are they at least... alive? Callie? T-The baby?"

The chief gave him a sad look before stating firmly, "We don't know."

Norah had caught up to him and hurried out of the ER doors, staring at her brother's frozen figure standing behind the group of surgeons. "Tim-"

"They don't fucking know anything, Nor," he choked out a sob as he turned around. She frowned at the sight of him. His eyes were empty; the fright was creeping up his skin. "They don't know... T-They don't..."

Norah stepped forward to wrap her arms around her brother, who started to shake-tremble. He was trembling in her hold, his hands gripping the back of her scrub top. He was a total wreck.

The ER doors opened again, and Mark hurried out after scrubbing out from his surgery. "What the hell happened?"

"Car versus truck, that's all we know," Owen informed this time.

Mark's eyes landed on his girlfriend, who was still holding her brother tightly while Timothy dug into the back of her scrub top.

"They don't fucking know anything," Timothy repeated, trying his best to compose himself, "They don't even fucking know whether they're alive..."

"Well, why... Why the hell don't you know?" Mark demanded with a scoff, turning on his spot, "Someone get me a trauma gown!" He was panicking, too; his breathing was shallow, and his jaw clenched.

"Mark, you need to sit this one out," Webber told him, but he looked back at the chief in disbelief.

"I'm not sitting this one out," Mark snapped back, "That's Callie. A-And she's pregnant, that's... She's-"