11┃crying in the supply closet

S3 EP3

THE SCAR ALONG NORAH'S abdomen was still pinkish; it itched sometimes but, nevertheless, healed. She had been counting down to this day since she got discharged from the hospital. Bed rest and cooking were driving her insane-she even started dissecting chickens and ducks on her third day at home.

She was wearing a sweatshirt and a pair of jeans as she walked towards the hospital's entrance from the parking lot. Her mood lifted the moment she felt the familiar air, and she felt energised to be back at work.

With the rush of excitement filling in, she quickened her steps to catch up with the people walking in front of her. "Morning, Mer!" she greeted.

"Oh, hey Norah! You're back at work?" Meredith asked.

"Leave is over, baby!" the brunette grinned. "Hey, George, Torres-you two look brilliant!"

"Thank you!" Callie returned her with the same cheerful smile, and George waved at her, the couple's hands linked into one.

"Wait-does that mean we get to crash at your place again?" Meredith queried.

"I'm up for tequila night," Norah smirked.

"Hi, Norah..." Izzie greeted, but the brunette had already walked away from their group, skipping into the hospital. "Why is she not talking to me? I didn't do anything to her, did I?"

"Besides the fact that all that happened led to her getting shot? No," George shrugged with a sarcastic tone.

❦ ❦ ❦

NORAH, MEREDITH, CRISTINA and George gathered at the nurses' station while they waited to get assigned work for the day. The three women were sharing a cake laid out on the counter; Norah leaned against the station as she greeted a few nurses who walked by.

"Izzie's back. That's good," Alex cheered as he walked over to the four other interns. He noticed Norah with them, and his smile faded a little. "Or not-ooh, coffee cake." He immediately stuffed a few crumbs of the cake into his mouth.

"I'm dating," Meredith shared aloud.

"Derek?" Norah queried.

"And the vet," Cristina added.

"Morning, people," Bailey greeted, and the five of them turned on their heels to face their resident. "Lawrence, you've been checked before changing into scrubs?" Norah nodded eagerly.

"Good. Shepherd requested for you. Grey, Yang, we're clearing the decks. I need both of you to write discharge forms. Karev, as usual, you're with Doctor Montgomery-Shepherd in OBGYN. O'Malley, Dr Torres has requested you today in Ortho."

"Was she smiling?" Cristina questioned in disbelieve.

"Izzie's back!" Alex chimed and met a look from George. "Norah's back, too!"

"Not that it doesn't suit her. It's just... creepy," Norah shrugged and departed from the nurses' station to look for the neurosurgeon.

❦ ❦ ❦

"MR TRESSELT'S HAVING A corpus callosotomy," Derek stated. "What's that gonna look like?"

"We'll be severing some of the fibres that connect the right and left hemisphere of his brain to prevent the seizure activity to spread from one half to the other," Norah answered.

"Good."

"Daddy's letting them chop his brain in half," Mrs Tresselt, who was standing in the corner of the room, cooed to her baby in her arms. "Because Daddy's a big dummy. Yes, he is."