06┃who's mark?

S2 EP18

"YOU DON'T HAVE TO CALL me every morning, you know?" Norah spoke through the phone pressed between her ear and her shoulder. "I'm doing alright."

"You were in an explosion, Nor-a literal bomb! You're telling me to not fucking worry?"

"I'm alive, I'm walking, and I could even yell at you right now if I'm not in the hospital. I am okay, and you have classes to attend-goodbye!"

She ended the call and closed the door of her locker. "I get that my brother is worried, but calling me every morning, for two weeks?" she sighed, "Should I change my number?"

George shrugged. "My brothers only talk about trucks and engines," he shared while putting on his white coat. "You could change it if you want to."

It had been two weeks since the bombing incident, and Norah had finally been allowed to remove her arm sling. She leaned against the lockers next to George, who had been watching Meredith for some time now. The woman had been sitting silently and not moving, with a troubled look on her face.

"What's with her?" Norah asked.

"No idea," George shook his head, and she approached the woman on the bench.

Cristina entered the locker room and pushed past the both of them, walking urgently to Meredith. "You know, he's acting like I committed a crime-like my apartment is full of stolen goods," she ranted as she dumped her bag into her locker. "He's acting like I kept my apartment to hide stolen goods so I can do illegal transplants for money!"

"I'd do illegal transplants for the money," Norah voiced out with a light shrug.

"Are you sure he's just not acting like you lied about moving in?" Meredith fussed.

Cristina turned her head to Norah, who shrugged and shook her head. "Okay, what's wrong with you?" the former asked the woman on the bench.

Meredith looked back at her, looking disturbed. "My mommy's a filthy whore."

As the interns stared at each other, Norah snickered a laugh. "Should I be glad I no longer have one?"

"Yes," Meredith and Cristina replied in unison.

❦ ❦ ❦

"JAKE BURTON, 15, HAS advanced craniodiaphyseal dysplasia," Cristina presented, "was admitted last night after complaining of headaches."

"He's not a complainer," Mrs Burton interjected.

"He's been having some nausea as well," Mr Burton added.

"Okay, may I?" Derek asked as he walked over to the patient. "Jake, can I get you to sit up, please?"

As the neurosurgeon checked on Jake's pupils, the five interns, apart from Cristina, stood back. George and Izzie were engaged in a conversation while Norah had her arms folded in front of her chest.

"Cristina nicked this case from me," she sighed.

"You owed her from helping you move in," Alex shrugged.

"I know. But still."

"You're turning into a Neuro junkie," he pointed out, and Norah glared at him.

"You know, if you pretend I'm a lion, it helps," Jake offered when Cristina shifted her gaze away from him uneasily.

"Sorry?"

"If you pretend I'm a lion, and then instead of a really messed-up kid, you get a talking circus animal, which is way easier to look at," Jake explained with a smile, and the interns looked at each other amusingly.