47┃compassion

S6 EP11

NORAH STIRRED FOR A moment before lifting her head from Mark's chest; he was already awake and staring at her with a dumbstruck grin stuck on his face.

"I need something from you," he voiced out.

"Wow, not even a 'Good morning, Laurie, I love you'?" she raised a brow before dropping her head back to her pillow.

"Good morning, Laurie, I love you," he recited, which made her chuckle. "And I need something from you." She leaned up to him and caught his lips with hers, feeling his smile through their kiss. "Well... that too," he muttered, "I need you to give Sloan an ultrasound today."

"Why can't you get someone from OB?" she mumbled out her question as she draped her leg over to straddle him.

"Well, yeah, but she likes you. All the Sloans do," he replied while his hand traced up the side of her body. He propped himself up on his elbows, nudging their noses together. "It's impossible not to, you see, have I told you that?"

"I say actions speak louder than words," she whispered back before connecting their lips again. Before the kiss could get heated, their door was barged open-

"Hey, do we have any more-oh! Ew! Ew!"

Norah had just caught a glimpse of Sloan over her shoulder before she got flung to the side of the bed.

"Knock! For god's sake-knock!" she yelled out in an annoyed tone while Mark hurried up to shrug on his sweatpants, hopping his way out of the room.

Heading out of the room shortly after him, she heard part of the ongoing conversation near the kitchen.

"...there's no more cereal," Sloan complained.

"I'll get some cereal this afternoon," Mark stated, and Norah leaned against the kitchen island with a yawn.

"Juice is good for the baby," she mentioned, and he was quick to pour out a glass. "Add chocolate bars to your grocery list, too. Dark chocolate."

"Those are bitter."

"Love, you do not know how to enjoy food."

He caved and nodded, bringing the glass of orange juice over to his daughter. "Uh, Norah's gonna give you an ultrasound today," he informed, fishing out his wallet. "Why don't you pick up some breakfast at the hospital?"

Sloan took the 20-dollar bill before lifting her head back to him. "It's gonna be more."

"You need some for lunch, too?" Mark quirked a brow at the blonde.

"Yeah, yeah," she nodded shamelessly.

Norah refrained from rolling her eyes and instead settled for picking up a set of clothes and head down the hall, knowing that the blonde's morning sickness was always an intense one.

"She hates me," Sloan spoke up when Norah was out of sight.

Mark furrowed his brows at his daughter. "No, she doesn't."

"I'm telling you, she hates me, and she wants me out. No offense, but you're not a girl. And girls know when other girls hate them."

That statement left Mark beyond puzzled.

NORAH ENTERED CALLIE and Cristina's apartment with a loud sigh, causing Cristina to glance over to her. "Morning, sweetheart. Sloan-Sloan monopolising your bathroom again?"

"As usual," the brunette replied and shook her head, "He just gave her fifty bucks for breakfast-and presumably lunch. I'm on an ongoing debate on whether he's aware and just letting her be, or he's just an oblivious dumb blond."