29┃complicated

This is the only way I can tell you how I really feel without my mind going blank when I catch sight of you.

If I were to be entirely honest, 'no strings attached' isn't working on me. I tried keeping this a strictly friendship between us, but I think you agree that it's impossible.

I catch myself falling for you day after day, and there's no point lying to myself anymore. There is something more between us, and I want to work it out together.

I want to love you the way you deserve it and the way my heart wants to be yours. I want to be committed to you, Laurie.

And I hope you want it too...

❦ ❦ ❦

S4 EP16&17

"CRISTINA IS CHEERFUL," Norah squinted at the other resident. "Should we evacuate?"

"I'm gettin' my groove back. I'm gettin' jiggy with it. I'm gettin' down with the get down," Cristina sang while dancing some moves.

Norah shared a questioning look with George, who shrugged back at her. The dancing woman reached into the pocket of her scrub pants and pulled out a glittery and shiny device. "Meredith gave me the sparkle pager!"

"What?!" Izzie's eyes widened in disbelief.

"Ooh, shiny," Norah chimed.

"She needed it for her mojo," Meredith defended.

"Did you ever stop to think that maybe I needed it?" Izzie asked.

"Did you ever stop to think that maybe you never crossed her mind?" Norah fired back nonchalantly.

"Oh, you'd waste the sparkle pager. I need it to get out from under Hahn. I won't have to beg her for OR time if I have the pager," Cristina smirked. "You know, if she's not gonna teach me, I'm gonna teach myself."

"Pop off, Cardio-junkie!" Norah cheered, giving the elated woman a high-five.

Izzie turned to Meredith with an unsatisfied frown. "She's just gonna use it for evil. I would use it to do good," she debated, "And besides, the pager is sacred. Sacred sparkle. You can't just give it away. She can't do that, right?"

Norah stared at her questioning look before shrugging. "I think she can. It's technically hers."

Izzie nudged George to back her up. "I think it's non-transferable," he claimed.

"You don't make the rules," Cristina deadpanned.

"But I am the chief's intern."

"You're the chief's bitch," Norah and Cristina spoke in unison. "And you have no power," the latter added, "Because the power-Oh!-is in the pager."

Cristina walked off just as Timothy walked up to his sister, with two small bags in his hands. "You went out early," he claimed.

"Tried to nab an ER case or two before sunrise," Norah shrugged.

"Eaten?" he queried. Norah was about to reply 'yes', but she realised that that would be, indeed, a lie. Timothy smirked at her, lifting one of the mini bags in front of her face. "I made breakfast," he informed, and she got a bad handed over to her. "Enjoy!"

"Hey-who's the other one for?" Norah questioned, but he had hurried off, giving her a wave in the air and that cheeky grin on his face. Meredith and Izzie peeked their heads over to Norah with raised eyebrows. "Seems like I'm the little sister now," the latter shrugged.