80┃san francisco

S8 EP21

"I FEEL SICK."

Norah had her hair tied up in a messy bun while she ran from one place to another in their apartment. Mark was watching her concernedly while he helped her pack her luggage.

"This is bad, oh my god," she shrieked while dropping the bag of toiletries into her suitcase. "Why the hell did I even think that packing the morning I'm supposed to fly out is a good thing?"

"Norah, you gotta stop freaking out," Mark tried. "You're good. You have everything you need here already. Your suit is ironed, you have an extra set of clothes, your heels are tucked away cleanly, your toiletries are packed, you even have your flashcards and your many folders in here."

He zipped up her suitcase and furrowed her brows when she continued pacing around the bedroom. "I think I'm forgetting something," she stated, racking her brain to recall what was it she had forgotten.

"Hey, look," he held her steady as her eyes searched his, her shoulders relaxed a bit when she met the blues. "If you can't think of it, it's probably not important anyway," he reasoned. "Take deep breaths."

She did so and felt her body unwound a little-before tensing up once again. "Oh crap, what if-"

"Nuh-uh. You're just psyching yourself out."

"What if Kai misses me?" her voice came out small, her lips curled downwards.

He sighed before taking a step closer to her, his hands cupping both sides of her face. "I'll video call you every day, okay?"

"What if-"

He cut her off by crashing his lips to hers, feeling her stiffened body loosening as he slowly wrapped his arms around her waist. "Kai is with his cousin right now, and we have a few-sacred-minutes to spare," he mumbled, backing them up, "And I know how to clear your head."

Her knees hit the edge of the bed, and she fell backwards, her back hitting the soft comforter. Their kiss was heated up instantly-only breaking apart when he pulled off his shirt-but connected once again, eagerly.

❦ ❦ ❦

NORAH HAD KAI SITTING on her hip when Timothy walked up to them. He rested his chin on his sister's shoulder while the little boy placed his hand softly on his uncle's face.

"Boop," Timothy chimed as he nudged the little boy's nose with his. Kai let out a shy giggle and buried his face in Norah's neck while his uncle smirked.

"Remember, if you're gonna freak out, think about the beach. Bright sun, warm sand, the sound of the waves," Timothy reminded. "And I'll be waiting for you to come back and tell me that you've fucking crushed them all."

"Oi-baby here!" Norah hissed at him while she covered Kai's ears. Timothy sent her an apologetic grin, and she smirked, "But trust me, I will."

"All the best," Lexie spoke up next to him, giving the older resident a side hug.

"Ah, thanks Lexie," Norah grinned. "Our hard work-definitely gonna pay off."

"Are you nervous?"

"Nervous? Not really. Mad, however? Yeah, kinda," she replied, and Lexie raised a brow at her. "Look around."

They saw the many attendings at the ambulance bay, who were wishing their residents good luck as well as giving them last minute advice; Lexie and Timothy both snorted at Norah's scowl.

"Either your Uncle Derek is entirely confident with your Mama, or he's a baboon who couldn't bother to show up," she mumbled to Kai, who stared back at her.