24┃just like paint

S4 EP6&7

"HEY, NORAH, WHAT'S THE first thing that comes to mind when I say the words 'gentlemen's evening'?"

The resident narrowed her eyes at the two attendings, who were waiting for an answer. Her interns stood behind her, curious of her reply, too. "Strippers...?" she sent the plastic surgeon a questioning look.

"See, even your prize student thinks so," Mark muttered to Derek before glancing at the interns. "And what about your ducklings? What do you guys think?"

Their responses were along the lines of 'flying dollar bills', 'booze', 'board games' and a shrug from George.

Norah had the same confused look like the rest of them when she walked up to the plastic surgeon. "Dr Sloan, we're on plastics today."

Mark had the brightest grin on his face looking at the resident. "Great to finally have you back on my service," he spoke, "Let's go, then."

❦ ❦ ❦

THE RESIDENT AND FOUR interns followed the plastics attending as they made their way to the ER, which was in quite a mess.

"I hear you have a broken nose down here," Mark voiced out before narrowing his eyes at the red-stained white dress between two women. "What's with the dress?"

"It's not about the dress," the blonde one snapped.

Callie shook her head before turning to the judge, who had the same frustrated look on his face as the surgeons in the area. "Can't they... Can't they just split the prize?"

The judge sighed. "I offered that 14 hours ago."

One of the women snapped her head to the judge and resident. "It is a 100,000-dollar wedding package, and I am not splitting it with anyone!"

"Oh, you're bleeding on your dress," George pointed out.

"It's not about the dress!"

Norah watched as Callie scowled at him. The whole 'Izzie Stevens and George O'Malley issue' was still unable for her to wrap around her head. She had never taken George as the type that would cheat on his wife.

Then again, the world is weird.

Norah turned to her interns and faked a cough. "Sometimes, patients are just... gits," she whispered. They snickered under their breaths while Mark shot her an amused look.

"I'm gonna have to stabilise that shoulder somehow," Callie informed dishearteningly.

"Rook, go grab a sling," Norah instructed, and Kirian took off immediately. "Lee and Thompson... um, try figuring out a way to separate these two."

When Mark waved her over, she joined him and Callie at the side, away from the women on the gurney; they were still holding the visibly torn wedding dress between them.

"This is hell. I assigned O'Malley to keep him away from me, and now our patients are connected to each other," Callie let out a frustrated groan, tossing her arms in the air.

Mark laughed a bit before folding his arm in front of his chest. "You're not looking at this like the opportunity it is."

"Meaning?"

Norah raised a brow at the smirk on the attending's face, one that had a touch of sly behind it. "It means that George is an intern, and Mark already has an evil plan of torture ready in his head."

Callie looked between the two of them while the plastic surgeon nodded. "Thanks. That's almost sweet," she sighed, "But torturing George is not gonna make any of this any better."