39┃how did you fall for her?

S5 EP19

NORAH AND MARK STEPPED into the elevators, and the door closed after them. "Derek's coming back today," she mentioned, and he answered with a hum. She raised a brow at him; the cuts on his forehead were still healing, but his hand got cleared for surgery.

"I did tell him to apologise to you, though," she added, "In a harsh tone... I called him pea-brained."

He narrowed his eyes at her. "So you basically scolded him?" he queried, and she shrugged back with a grin. He lowered his head to her before burying his face to her neck.

"Mark, I'm pretty sure there are cameras in this place," she breathed.

"Mm... Let them enjoy the show and be jealous of us," he simply mumbled, leaving a trail of kisses down to her collarbone.

She shoved him back to his spot when the elevators ding-ed, and a big pack of other hospital staff entered. They backed up to the corner as the place quickly turned claustrophobic; chatters and discussions exchanged between the doctors and nurses, the sound of flipping pages and newspapers filled the lack of space.

"You're making me feel things, Laurie," he whispered in her ear, and she smirked. She took a small step backwards so that her back pressed against his front; he rested his chin on top of her head.

When the doors opened again, most of the people who entered had stepped out one after another.

Norah locked eyes with the attending who entered; Mark shifted a bit, but she put more of her weight on him, making his back hit against the wall. A small smirk formed on his lips when she rested her head on his shoulder.

Derek narrowed his eyes at their position-her leaning on him, both cornered in the elevator interior-before giving her a brief nod and ignoring Mark; Norah sighed.

The silence was loud.

Derek cleared his throat before turning to the resident. "Are you on my service today?"

"I got specifically thrown out of Neuro today," Norah replied, "Bailey's on Izzie's case. Don't worry, you'll be great."

On the next floor, Norah pushed herself off Mark's chest before giving him a kiss. He had an unhidden smile on his face as she stepped out of the elevators. She sighed, staring at the two men who stood as far away from each other as possible in the narrow space.

"You two better apologise to each other," she pointed at both of them, "I don't care if you're gonna... I don't know, kiss it out? Just... fix yourselves."

The two men gaped at each other weirdly as the door closed.

NORAH MADE HER WAY TO the nurses' station, where Meredith and Cristina stood. "What's with the turtleneck?" she questioned, cocking a brow at the latter's outfit of choice. "Seattle weather too cold for you?"

"Owen choked her in her sleep-that's why she's covering up," Meredith explained, "Then she hugged him." The woman standing in the middle scowled at her, speechless, while Norah gasped.

"Wow... I mean-do you want me to beat him up?"

"That wouldn't be necessary, thanks," Cristina shook her head and turned her head to the other side, "And Mer, seriously? I said I'm okay. Let's just move on."

"Turtlenecks aren't okay," Meredith disagreed, "You're not okay. Your boyfriend is not okay."

"Is your boyfriend okay?" Alex questioned her as he walked up to the three of them with a mixed expression of worry and unsettlement.