2

It's been a week since Lee's funeral

It's been a week since Lee's funeral. Mae and Charlie barely left Mae's bedroom as they mourned together. This was the longest the clinic's been closed since it opened. This morning was different. Mae felt agitated in her own skin and everything in her room irritated her. She needed to get back to work. Lee wouldn't want this for her, she knew that. She also knew that Charlie wasn't ready yet. That's why she left her friend to sleep, showered, got dressed ,walked downstairs to feed her dogs and grabbed her smoothie. Archie and Willow were more hyper than usual. Mae assumed it was because they only left her room to eat and do their business. It was like they could sense that she was slowly but surely starting to be okay again and that they didn't need to watch over her constantly. The two Australian Shepperd's rushed outside with Mae while Gus made his way back to her bed to cuddle with Charlie.

Mae saw that her dad and Rip were with the Spanish Stallion Kayce gave their dad. She also noticed Ryan and Colby were standing next to the fence to get a good look at what was happening.

"I don't know nothing about horses!" The new wrangler shouted in protest as Mae watched her dad and Rip tape the poor guy to the horse.

"Well you're getting a crash course Jimmy." Mae smiled at Rip's sense of humour. She couldn't believe that some people didn't find him funny, she thought he was hilarious.

"Should I pet him?!"

Mae saw Ryan and Colby nod enthusiastically at the kid. These two jokers weren't providing him with any help at all.

"I don't think that's going to make much of a difference."

Mae actually laughed at this causing all five men to turn around.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" She called out to her dad and Rip.

"Well, sweetheart, it's an idea. I'm not entirely sure if it's a good one." John smiled at seeing his youngest finally up and out of her room. If she didn't leave her room today, he was going to walk in there and drag her out himself.

"What?!" Jimmy shouted out shocked. "Maybe we shouldn't do this."

"You got it on your side?"

"Yeah I'm good."

Mae smiled at her dad and Rip who completely ignored the kid's protests.

"You pull this so you don't flip out, do you understand? Alright, he's gonna hate it for shit but whatever you do, Jimmy, don't you let go." Rip walked away from them and towards Mae after explaining to the kid what to do.

"Look can we just talk about this for a second?!" Jimmy begged.

"Good luck Jimmy!" Rip called back to him as John finished taping him up.

"20 on the horse," Ryan betted Colby.

"I got 40 on the wall." Colby accepted the bet.

"50 on the kid puking," Mae added.